Chapter - 29 Meera's portrait

Author's pov...

"Have you collected your certificate and TC from College?" Kartik asked inquisitively.

"Yes, I've just collected today."

"Great...so, when are you leaving for Delhi?" Karthik asked with smiled face.

"Actually, Karthik, I am not going to Delhi," said Ruhi.

"Why, Ruhi?" Kartik asked, and suddenly hold her hand, "Ruhi, Why are you not going? ... It's a good opportunity for you, so—"

"Hisss," Ruhi hissed with pain as he holds her hand.

Kartik's eyes got furrowed as he heard her painful voice and saw towards her hand, "Sorry Ruhi, but how got you burn your hand that much?"

"Ruhi took back her hand from his grip and said, "it's ok, Kartik, It's not that much burn."

Meanwhile, someone was also looking at them with his intense gazing.

"How can you say that?" Kartik holds her wounded hand back, and said, "Look, How much you got burn your hand?"

"Karthik, I have already applied antiseptic, so don't worry."

"But, Ruhi—"

"Ruhi,"

As she heard her name, she took her hand back and looked towards that voice as kavya was shouting her name from afar and running towards her.

"Sorry Ruhi, you had to wait for me a long time," Kavya apologized as gasping.

"No, kavya, It's ok," said Ruhi with a smiled face.

Then kavya noticed Kartik as he standing near her.

"Hello Kartik," said Kavya.

"Hello, kavya,"

"How are you? "

"I'm good, you say?"

"I'm also good...Btw, Congratulation, you got 2nd position in our college," said Kavya while stretched her hand towards him.

"Thank you, kavya," said Kartik while shaking his hand with her.

"Ok, I'm leaving now...Bye Ruhi," he said while gazing at her.

"Bye," Ruhi also said.

"Bye kavya," said Kartik.

"Bye Kartik," said kavya while waving her hand.

After Kartik has gone, kavya said while gazing at her, "Ruhi, I think he likes you."

"What?" said Ruhi with her wide eyes.

"Yes, "

"Kavya, It's nothing like that ... you don't run your brain's horses too much coz we are just friends and nothing much," she said while chuckled.

"But Ruhi, I really think—"

"Don't think anything just now and let's go, we are getting late to reach the palace."

"Oh yaa! let's go."

****

Ernest Pov...

We are on the way, and I was doing my work on my laptop, suddenly Noah stopped the car, don't know what the hell is happening here as he always stopped the car, so I shouted, "What the hell happened this time, Noah?"

"Sir, I think the car's tire got punctured," said Noah while turned his face towards me.

Holy crap, I don't want to be late as I am very punctual, so I hurriedly said to him without wasting any moment, "Go and check that, what issue happened with the car?"