Chapter 7

The dusk was on its steady demolition, the ball of scorching light that had illumined the surrounding radiant before bids it farewell upon the atmosphere and those cluster of occupied individuals beneath. Manjiro hurried to pave the path home. Positive sentiment seemingly was engraved lasting within his soul.

An enduring week has passed, wherein miraculously he survived without losing completely his mind that replenished with an alluring, hideous string of thoughts. Today, he'll once again lay his orbs onto his wife. After undergoing the night of endless misery, the night wherein the absence of her warmth haunted him and several endeavors, finally, he'll amass the lasting enrapture period of his life.

With his bleached locks flowing along with the gush that passes him momentarily, his light footstep coming from his footwear ignited his surrounding.

Manjiro had always adored Y/n for as long as he knows. Perhaps it was during the grayest day of his when she appeared. Something about her truly entice his attention for he had sensed a vague feeling of familiarity after they met for the first time. He deems it as something thoroughly nostalgic as the ambiance demanded to be felt highly akin to his past encounters.

The first time their path clashed, he remembers crystal clear. The moment where they exchange glances at one another whilst rooted on the highest floor of the towering building situated someplace in a boisterous city, with chilly breeze gushing past them. He will never forget-- permanently tattooed in the abysm of his soul.

He's on the verge of insanity, craving for nothing more but to end the eternal misery he was drowned into. While she was luminous, an eyesore to his eyes, that he considers as an annoying person. He was uncertain if he should either assume the girl to be an oblivious individual or simply someone who tends to ignore the fact that talking to strangers could bring trouble in her life.

She kept smiling at him with such radiant, it's sickening. It's the first time he ever wanted to slaughter a girl ruthlessly. Within her eyes flickered kindness, which he greatly scorned. She pitied him so much, earning him to prevail aware of how pitiful he was as a lump of mess. To have someone show him what he lacks-- what he voraciously lusts for...infuriated him.

But somehow, despite the despicable thoughts whirling in his mind, he considers her as his savior to his tragic existence. The someone who prevented him from ever seizing his bewitching, untimely demise.

Leading his hand towards his pocket, Manjiro browsed his sense of touch to look for the key he kept safe. His skin was penetrated by coldness seeping from the metal, while he chew the inside of his cheeks with his ivories. He was pleased, yet at the same time, he was anxious-- for whatever reason is it, it was persisted unanswered. He didn't commit infidelity, he remains faithful. To whatever perceptions he felt, he determined to dismiss it.

Faint clattering blazed, as he unlocked the house they resided in. It was wide, away from the raucous city, something they could find solidarity and serenity. He made a deeper path, walking through stairs and passing the vast hallways illuminated adequately by the artificial light, solely the sound of his footsteps reverberating onto the rooted walls.

His steps halted when he reached the master bedroom.

His pulses quicken as he heaved sighs.

Hoisting his hands up hesitantly, reaching for the knobs, he twisted it with delight.

Within the gap, he glimpses her;

His wife...Y/n.