Chapter 1

The sky was a mixture of blue, violet and pink, reflecting its artistic colours on the waters of Yokohama. Some gold made out the silhouette of the white clouds, like the shining outline of a shapeless masterpiece.

It was a beautiful evening. Dazai was sitting in a bullet train looking out the window in silence. As usual, he had his oversized coat with him, hanging on the back of his seat. It had been a week without someone yelling into his ears, a week without someone hitting him in his chest for teasing and complaining, and he missed that. He couldn't wait to get home as soon as possible, even if he knew it would be just another quiet and lonely journey.

The train slowed down as it approached a stop. Dazai stood up, grabbed his coat and walked out. He was only a few steps away from the train, when someone pounced onto his back out of nowhere and clinged onto him like a koala holding onto a tree.

''Aha! Welcome back Mackerel !'' Almost losing his balance, Dazai chuckled as he tried to keep himself from falling. ''Hey Slug. I thought you said you have a mission today.'' Chuuya jumped back down and ran to the front to face his boyfriend with a cheerful grin on his face. ''Yeah Mori changed his mind. He assigned Ane-san for that, but I still have paperwork to do tho.''

Dazai stared at Chuuya for a while. ''Why do you look so flushed ?'' He put the back of his hand on the ginger head's forehead and sighed with a smile. ''Mori didn't change his mind did he? He assigned others for it because you're having a fever.'' Then he slipped his hand into Chuuya's and started walking, another holding his luggage. ''You don't have to come if you're sick, silly Chibi, you should take some rest.'' Chuuya pouted and glared at him. ''I'm stronger than you think !''

Dazai laughed before speaking. ''How did you get a fever? And don't say you've eaten contaminated food.'' Then Chuuya looked away in embarrassment. ''Wha-- Chuuya you were the one who pinched my nose when I wanted to eat that cookie I found on the floor last week.'' Dazai made a dramatic astonished face, then he got pinched on his cheek. ''Ow ow ow okay stop stop.''

Chuuya finally let go. ''I didn't eat anything from the floor okay? I'm not you. I ate a cookie I found in the corner of the fridge.'' They both stopped walking and blinked twice. ''You do realize that it might be from the same box as the one I found right ?'' ''... I realize that now.'' Dazai burst out laughing, resulting in getting pummeled on his arm.

After dinner, they went back to their apartment. The brunet had lived in a discarded shipping container in the middle of a filthy and toxic dumping ground. Ever since they had started dating, he has moved in to live with Chuuya. He sat on the couch after bath, reading his suicide manual, and Chuuya lied down looking at his phone in his hands, resting his head on Dazai's lap. They had each other as their companion in the peaceful night. Chuuya was a little tired, but before he could realize, a hard smack on his face warned him about it.

It was his phone that had slipped out of his grip. He immediately sat up. Then Dazai burst out laughing when he saw his red nose. ''You look like a clown !'' He tried to hold his laughter in, but he failed. ''NOTHING IS FUNNY !!'' Chuuya yelled at the top of his lungs as he pushed Dazai's shoulder with both hands, embarrassment causing his face to look red like a tomato. ''Come on ,'' Dazai stood up and held Chuuya by his wrist. He led the shorty into the bedroom.

Dazai tucked the sleepy ginger head in. Chuuya didn't want to sleep, it was way too early, but Dazai insisted. ''You're not gonna get well if you don't get more rest, stupid. Now shut your eyes and dream.'' He wasn't the type to be persistent, but he insisted on certain things sometimes. ''Hmm okayy finee ,'' Chuuya eventually gave in and turned to his side with his eyes closed. Then he suddenly turned back to face the brunet sitting on the bedside. ''The paperwork !''

He started kicking his blanket off as he sat up. But Dazai gently pressed him back down by his shoulders. ''Don't worry about the paperwork, I'll find a way to deal with it.'' ''How ?'' Dazai shrugged. ''I dunno maybe slip them into Ane-san's stack ?'' Chuuya frowned. ''Are you seriously thinking of making my superior do my work ?! I'd be screwed if she ever finds out !''

''I was juz kidding, Chibi. Ughh fine I'll do it.'' Chuuya couldn't believe what he had just heard. ''What ???'' Dazai got off Chuuya's bed. ''What? Since you're not willing to sleep because of the paperwork I figured I'd do it.'' Then he crossed his arms and bent down, his face close to Chuuya's. ''But you better be asleep when I come in.'' Chuuya was too tired to argue, so he nodded as his boyfriend put the blanket back on him. ''Good night, Mackerel.'' ''Sleep tight ,'' Dazai replied as he tucked a tuft of the chibi's hair behind his ear before switching the lights off and walking out of the bedroom.

*

The brunet sat in the chair, a pen in his hand, a sheet of paper lying before him. He was doing nothing but staring at it, his brain blank.

I'm really starting to regret saying that to Chibi. Paperwork sucks.

He didn't even try to read and understand the words on the paper, he merely scanned the thing with his eyes and immediately decided it was something too complicated for him. He sat there for almost half an hour, but he only realized that when he finally tore his gaze from the paper and to the clock.

Seriously? I've wasted half an hour on this thing?

He couldn't take it anymore. Doing nothing wasn't going to do anything. So he started reading, word by word.

It was about ten thirty when Dazai opened the bedroom door to peep. As soon as the light from the living room intruded the dimly lit bedroom, a ginger head poked out from beneath the blanket. Dazai pushed the door, leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. ''Chibi why aren't you asleep ?'' Then Chuuya sat up quickly with a childlike grin on his face. ''I was, but I wanna watch a movie.'' Dazai sighed with a smile and went to the living room to grab his iPad before snuggling under the blanket with Chuuya.

They both laid on their stomachs, hands hugging their dolphin plushies before their chests. Chuuya chose a vampire movie, he watched like he wasn't feeling sleepy from his fever at all. After some time, he noticed the brunet dozing off beside him.

The past week must've really wore him out huh.

Chuuya chuckled under his breath while he slowly got off the bed to switch off the lights and got back under the blanket to cuddle his sleeping boyfriend. Smiling softly, he placed a gentle kiss on the brunet's forehead before sinking into his own slumber.

Nighty night, Dazai.