Chapter Ten

The next morning Violet woke up early and took a shower. She had decided that she would go to Lucas's Santa Monica house and start afresh. At least it was better than going back to her apartment and living in constant fear.

She made some coffee and sat down, sipping the delicious delicacy. She didn't have any beverage at her humble home and getting to sip coffee in the morning was a luxury for her.

Lucas came in and sat down with his head lying down on the table. She went to get him coffee. Placing the coffee in front of him, she sat down to sip her own. He looked at his coffee and sipped, avoiding looking at her. She felt guilty for hurting him.

"Lucas, I'm sorry," she said, sincerely, feeling bad for her own insecurities. Lucas stared at her as if he couldn't believe his own ears.

"What did you say?" he asked, incredulously.

"I said I'm sorry, " she repeated, looking into his blue eyes.

"No before that," he prompted. He wanted to hear her say his name again.

"Lucas," she said, her cheeks reddened and she lowered her eyes to her coffee. Lucas was bowled over by her cuteness. A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.
He felt so deliriously happy that he wanted to pull her into his arms.

Suddenly Walter and William came rushing out of their room and came racing to the table. "I win," said William as he reached the table first and sat down.

"You cheated, I was peeing and you started racing," said Walter, glaring at William who laughed heartily. Lucas chuckled at the two. They were like a tornado.

Violet glared at them. "Behave, you two. I'll get you your milk," she said, getting up.

"Why can't we have coffee like Lucas?" asked Walter, eyeing his coffee.

"Because you both are children, " she explained and walked away.

"No, we're not," said Walter and glared at his sister's retreating back. "Lucas, can you give me a sip of your coffee, please?" he asked in a whisper.

"Sure, " said Lucas, amused.

"Me too, please," said William.

They took a sip of his sugarless bitter coffee and stuck their tongues out like puppies. "Yuk, yuk, yuk. How do you drink it?" said William. Walter went to rinse his mouth. Lucas laughed out loud.

Violet came with their milk and biscuits. "What's wrong with you two? Did you eat a frog?" she asked, looking at them.

"A frog would be better than that, I guess," said William, and Walter agreed.

Violet rolled her eyes and handed them their milk.

"I'll be going to my new villa in Santa Monica to get the house cleaned and ready for us. We'll shift there by afternoon," announced Lucas and the boys stared at him with excitement.

"Are we moving to a new house today?" asked Walter, curiously.

"Yes, on the beach, " informed Lucas with a smile.

"Oh boy! I've never lived on a beach in my life," said William, his eyes dancing with excitement. "Can we go with you please?"

"We can clean very well. Please Lucas, " pleaded Walter.

Lucas looked at Violet seeking permission to take them. "If you three are going, what will I do here alone? I can help with the cleaning, " she offered.

"You don't need to clean. I'll hire people to do it. You need to regain your strength first," said Lucas looking at her. He was so excited that she changed her decision to return back to her apartment.

"Yay, we're going to the beach," sang Walter as they raced to the kitchen to deposit their milk glasses.

They came out and stopped for a second. "Do we have time for a shower, Violet?" asked William and Violet nodded.

"No playing with water," she warned and they raced to their room.

"Will you help me pack Violet? Then we can go to our new home as soon as we're done," said Lucas. Violet nodded, picked up their mugs, and went to the kitchen. Lucas called room service to order their breakfast.

He then called the affordable housing complex that Parker Suites had reserved for its employees. There were two units available. He went to the kitchen to inform Violet. "There are two units available at the affordable housing complex that I was talking about. Here's the number of the caretaker. Inform Mary Jane to contact him immediately," he said, handing Violet the number scribbled on a piece of paper.

"Thanks. You think about everyone, " she appreciated.

"No, only about you," he said. She could feel him close behind her. She could feel his hard chest brush with her back and she shivered at the touch. His hot breath fanned her neck.

"I'm glad that you decided to stay with me," he said, staring at her creamy neck. He wanted to skim his lips along the smooth skin of her neck.

"Let's pack," she said, turning around to go to his room pack but he didn't budge an inch. She looked up into his dark eyes staring down at her. His hands were on either side of her, holding the kitchen sink, trapping her. He stared fixedly at her upturned face and neck and felt himself go crazy with the wish to kiss her.

"Lucas," she called again. He still didn't move away. She placed her hands on his chest to push him away. She could drown in his blue eyes if not careful. They were a beautiful shade of blue and they pulled her to him. "Lucas, we need to pack," she said, trying to think of an excuse to escape. She couldn't afford to fall for him.

He glanced at her lips with deep longing and then abruptly left her and walked away to his room, slamming the door shut. Violet stood transfixed on the spot. Should she go and pack his stuff?

He did ask, didn't he? She went up to his room and opened the door and went inside. She closed the door, turned around, and came face to face with a shirtless Lucas. His muscular, lean hard body, tight abs, and v-line all resembled some Greek God. She blushed and looked down at her feet.

"I'm sorry, I came to help you pack. I'll come some other time," she said, turning to go. His arm went around her and he pulled her flush against his bare chest. She gasped at being crushed to himself.

"Why do you always try to escape me? Don't you like me even 1%?" he asked with pain in his eyes.

"I-I, it's not that. There can't be anything between us, Lucas," she said, trying to escape from his hold. She wanted to feel his love and stay in his arms forever but she was scared. What if he got over her and decided that he didn't want her anymore? She wouldn't be able to survive that heartache. So it's better not to fall for billionaires.

"Do you like me?" he asked, pulling her closer. His face was inches away from hers as he stared at her lips. She looked down, afraid of drowning in his eyes.

"Please understand Lucas. I can't afford a relationship, I have a lot of responsibilities," she explained, feeling very dejected that she could not listen to her heart.

"I can share your responsibilities, Violet, " he said and she stared at him. She wanted to be loved and cherished by him. She wanted to stay in the sanctity of his arms. "Tell me do you like me?" He repeated.

"Yes," she said softly and he smashed his lips to hers in a hungry and passionate kiss.