✾𝟱𝟲✾

"According to the crow, this house with the wisteria family crest belongs to a family that was once rescued by demon hunters, which is why they take care of people free of charge if they hunt demons

"According to the crow, this house with the wisteria family crest belongs to a family that was once rescued by demon hunters, which is why they take care of people free of charge if they hunt demons. That's what I was told, but I never thought they'd greet us with this much hospitality," Tanjiro narrated. 

Y/n was in the same futon as Tanjiro as she looked up at the ceiling, Zenitsu was looking up at the ceiling, and the same for Inosuke. "Just how great are the Demon Slayers anyway?" Inosuke asked. 

"Now that you mention it," Y/n said in a small voice. "Why did you join the Demon Slayers, Inosuke?" Y/n asked as she turned to look at Inosuke. "You had some kind of reason, right?" Y/n asked as Inosuke looked at her. "A demon slayer barged in on me on my mountain," he said. "So we competed to see who was stronger, and I seized his sword," Inosuke continued. 

Tanjiro and Zenitsu looked at him with awkward faces, as a sweatdrop appeared. Y/n blinked with dotted eyes. 

"And then I heard there was something called "Final Selection", and the fact that demons do exist," Inosuke said

"And then I heard there was something called "Final Selection", and the fact that demons do exist," Inosuke said. "So, that's why you joined the Demon Slayers?" Y/n asked. 

"And hey, turns out that we three grew up on mountains, huh?" Tanjiro asked. Y/n nodded. "Don't lump me in with you both!" Inosuke exclaimed. "I don't have any parents or siblings!" Inosuke added. 

"Testing my strength against one living being is my one and only pleasure!" He exclaimed as his green eyes shone in passion. He wore his boar mask. "Is that right? Is that right?" Tanjiro nodded with tears coming out of his squinted eyes.  Zenitsu got up from his futon as Y/n's eyes looked at him. "Tanjiro," Zenitsu said. "Y/n," he continued. "Since no one is asking, I'll be the one who do so," he said. 

"Why are you traveling with a demon?" Zenitsu asked. Tanjiro looked at him surprised before he sat up slowly and looked at Zenitsu, then at Y/n, Y/n nodded before she sat up. "Is that question meant for me or him?" Y/n asked, the shade covered most of her figure but the light shone half of her face, giving her beautiful lighting. "For the both of you," Zenitsu said. "Zenitsu," Tanjiro then say. "You knew about the box and yet you still protected it with Y/n, huh?" Tanjiro said with a smile forming. 

"You're really are a great guy, you know that?" Tanjiro asked. "Just... except when you keep on clinging on to my girlfriend," Tanjiro added quickly. Zenitsu grimaced. "He's right about that, you are a really great guy," Y/n nodded with a smile. Zenitsu then froze as his face turned bright red. Zenitsu then grab his pillow and hugged it tightly in his arms, squirming in his bed with a giddy smile. 

"You shouldn't heap so much praise on me!" Zenitsu exclaimed before he started giggling out of happiness. "I've got a keen sense of smell," Tanjiro explained as he pointed to his nose. "I knew it from the start, just how kind you are," Tanjiro said. "I have a keen sense of touch! I knew you were the most soft-hearted person ever," Y/n said with a bright smile. "And how strong you ar-"  Tanjiro started. "No, I'm not strong, don't give me that," Zenitsu instantly cut his sentence, he looked grimaced. "I still haven't forgiven you for stopping me from Y/n tagging along," he said.

 "I still haven't forgiven you for stopping me from Y/n tagging along," he said

"Well, I'm here, right?" Y/n asked. "Your bird decided that, if he didn't then you would've left," Zenitsu grimaced. Tanjiro's sweatdropped as Zenitsu glared at him. There was a shuffle in the wooden box. Zenitsu instantly flinched as he felt fear crawling up his heart again.  He then let out a small surprised gasp and he rushed towards Tanjiro and Y/n's side, standing nervously away from the box. "It's trying to come out!" Zenitsu exclaimed. 

Tanjiro stared at him with dotted eyes. "It's all right." 

"How can it be all right?" Zenitsu freaked out. "Huh? Huh?" Zenitsu freaked out loudly. "Shush!" Tanjiro shushed him. "It's in the middle of the night, Zenitsu," Tanjiro hissed. "Zenitsu-san, you have to be quiet!" Y/n hissed warningly. Why won't he take the bait? Even If I stole his food... Come to think of it, what did it take to make him mad? I forgot, Inosuke thought calmly. Zenitsu freaking out, Tanjiro hissing, and Y/n trying to calm them all down. 

Inosuke let his arms fall widely on the ground. The door of the box opened. Zenitsu shouted. Y/n panicked. "Zenitsu!" Y/n exclaimed. "Stop screaming, please!" she said. "Oh my gosh! It's not even locked?!" Zenitsu screamed. Tanjiro had a finger on his mouth and hissed as he looked nervous with dotted eyes and sweat dripping down from his forehead. 

"Shh!" he hissed. "P-P-Protect me!" Zenitsu shouted as he started running. "Someone please protect me!" Zenitsu shouted. "Even you'll do, Inosuke!" Zenitsu exclaimed. "Stay away from me!" Inosuke yelled, as he kicked Zenitsu's chin and Zenitsu flew towards the box, he fell and bounced on the floor, in front of the box. Y/n grew worried.