Everything, I suppose.

"You didnt tell me that." Loki set his book down on the side table in our room and walked toward the dresser, where I was taking off my water-smudged makeup.

"Tell you what?" I asked, meeting his gaze in the mirror.

"What they did to you." my heart stopped. I knew this conversation would come up, I just hoped it wouldn't have come up while I was on vacation.

"I didn't really see the need to...." I looked down at my lap, avoiding his green eyes. I jumped slightly when I felt hands on my shoulders.

"Why not?" I sighed and swiped off the last bit of makeup, then turned to Loki.

"Loki, I'm Midgardian. I'll live.... ninety years, and thats if I'm lucky." his eyes grew sad as i spoke. "You, however,...you'll live for five thousand. I'll be long gone before you grow a single grey hair. So will any child we would adopt from earth. I didn't see a reason in telling you that because I won't last as long as you, I didn't see the point." I could see the emotions, fighting to break through his facade.

"So thats why?" he asked quietly. "You dont want a future with me because of how long I'll live?"

I cupped his face. "No, Loki, thats not what i said. Its not that I don't want a future with you. I do. Its just that..." I looked away from his eyes, trying not to let the tears forming show. "I don't want to put you through the pain of watching me and our child die before you. You don't deserve that." a single tear slid down my cheek as I looked up at Loki. Without another word, he pulled me into his arms, resting his chin on my head. I let the tears go, sobbing into his chest. This hurt more than any wound.

"I don't know what I've done to deserve someone as caring as you." he said, words rumbling in his chest. "You know, I have been thinking- well, not really thinking, the answer was clear as day the momment i thought of it-" he grabbed my arms and put them around his neck. "hold on, darling-" he muttered, lifting me up. He carried me bridal style to the bed and set me down, a strange smile on his face. "anyway, I was thinking...." he patted down his suit, getting more flustered by the second. Loki let out a small, nervous laugh and turned around, opening the bedside table drawer and looking in it. I shifted on the bed. I had never seen Loki this out of sorts. "Aha!" he snatched a small black item from his bag on the floor. "Anyways, I-" he dropped said item, which fell under the bed. "Oh, you little-" Loki reached under the bed, quickly bolting up and banging his head on the table. "Nines!" he rubbed the already red welt on his forehead. He breathed out a shaky sigh and looked up at me from the floor. "This is off to a horrendous start, I do hope you will forgive me."

"You're scaring me, Lokes." I said cautiously.

"Darling, I too, am terrified." he laughed shakily. "Close your eyes."

"Loki, I swear if you put some kind of weird bug on me-" I warned, holding out my right hand.

"This one, dear." he gingerly took my left hand. "What I am failing horribly to ask is..."
I felt cool metal slide onto my finger and froze. "Y/n, will you do me the greatest honor of all, and become my wife?" my eyes snapped open, meeting his instantly. Loki shrunk back, afraid of my answer.

"We just had a conversation about this. Im not gonna live that much longer, Loki, I-"

I was cut off by Lokis laughter. Was he seriously laughing at me? He clutched his heart and laughed even more.

"I'm s-sory dove," he choked out between laughs. "Its just-" he took a steadying breath. "Once a mortal is betrothed to a member of the Asgardian Royal Court, they receive one of Idunn's apples. It gives them the lifespan of an Asgardian."

My hurt face shifted to an angry one. I lightly smacked his shoulder. "You asshole!" I could barley contain my own laughter. Lokis joy was always contagious. "You could have told me that earlier!"

"Well, I didn't know if you'd say yes earlier!" Loki countered, then paused and looked back up at me. "You....you are going to say yes....arent you?"

"You really feel the need to ask me that?" I jumped off the bed and kissed him, feeling the smile on his lips.

"Thank you." Loki said, once I broke the kiss.

"What for?"

"Everything, I suppose."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed your ride on our world famous Emotional Rollercoaster, please lift your lap bars and exit to the left.

Loki when he drops the ring box

yn, watching loki freak tf out

yn when Loki starts laughing at her