Seventeen

Warning for this chapter: Torture, detailed blood / injuries.

"You didn't tell her?" Finnick spits, slamming his fists into the digitally-screened table. There's a faint crack as his head drops. "You didn't tell her, because you were too high off of your ass?"

"I was high and drunk." Alex explains with crossed arms, "so technically, it's not my fault."

"Not your fault?" Finnick's head snaps towards him. "NOT YOUR FUCKING FAULT?" He shouts, immediately diving for the man's collar and shoving him into the wall, his fingers digging into the thin gray shirt he was given. "HOW THE HELL IS IT NOT YOUR FAULT?"

"BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW!"

"You did know."

"NOT HELPING 'MICH!" Alex shouts, turning his head towards the other grayed-blonde in the room.

Haymitch scoffs, "you and Blight got high off of your asses and didn't invite me. But then you forgot to tell her the whole explanation?"

"Well--"

"'Aaron, get the tracker out of your arm the second the plan is complete or if something goes wrong.' That's all you needed to say mainly, yet you tell her to blindly trust me?" Haymitch explains, leaning against the table and scratching his temple. "Like, thank you for telling her the first part of it all since she didn't accidentally kill someone, but why did you forget the most important part?"

Alex shoves Finnick off, scratching his neck. "W-Well she did trust you and she didn't--"

"And now she'll never trust me again, BECAUSE SHE'S IN THE FUCKING CAPITOL!" Haymitch bellows, the other two go silent. "I'm not even going to ask where you got those drugs from--"

"...Agnes."

"What?" Finnick snaps.

"Blight and I got them from her." Alex mutters sheepishly as he recalls the events. "I-It was our little deal so we didn't have to -- come on, man. We just wanted to have some fun, I didn't expect this to happen--"

"Wait -- who the hell's Agnes?" Haymitch blinks. "The bitch who was always hanging on Seneca?"

Alex gulps. "Yeah... she, um..." he sucks in a breath as his head drops. "She did a few things for Blight and I anytime we were there."

"Favors?" Finnick asks blankly. "Favor favors?"

"Normal, regular, favors." Alex says with a disgusted look, "what -- why the hell would I want to touch that woman?" he asks, head shooting up as his hand drops.

"He never said anything about you wanting to." Haymitch says in a weak mutter as his head drops again, his hand laying on his hip. "What exactly did you tell her?"

Alex shrugs, "erm... she thought I was just plotting something to fuck her over, so I of course called her stupid because she was being stupid."

"You called her stupid? Stupid after you were the one high off your ass?" Haymitch asks.

"Okay, look, we can get them back, at least we have Katniss, right?" Alex mutters.

Finnick's hands ball into fists as Haymitch scoffs, "Coin didn't want Katniss, she wanted Peeta originally..."

"So? She's got Katniss, and she can be happy with--"

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Finnick suddenly screams, Alex barely looks towards the younger man as his face is met with his fist. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"ME?" Alex shouts, gaining his footing and shooting up. "YOU LITTLE--" The man lunges forward as he shouts, his fist immediately meeting Finnicks gut. Finnick let out an odd strained sound as he throws a punch back.