31.

"Get through what ?"

Aditya and Gehna turned to see Mandira standing on the door way looking at the two keenly.

Mandira walked inside adjusting the drape across her head.

"Is everything okay Aditya and who is she ?" Mandira asked.

"Yea Rani maa, everything is absolutely okay and this is Gehna, Gehna this is my mother Mandira Suryavanshi and Rani maa this is Maheen's best friend Gehna."

"Oh." Mandira said looking at Gehna from head to toe. She looked at her deeply for a second and plastered a smile on her face greeting Gehna.

"I hope you are liking Awadh so far Gehna." Mandira said and Gehna nodded letting out a small forced smile.

"It's beautiful Rani sa I really like your home." She said.

"Oh don't call me Rani sa, I'm no more the queen it's your best friend now, you can call me Rani Maa like everyone does."

"Okay Rani maa." Gehna replied with a smile. "I should go, I have a little unpacking to do." She walked out after earned a nod from Mandira and smile for Aditya.

"Quite a beautiful girl." Mandira said. "Fit to be called a princess herself or even a queen."

"Yes. She is a good lady." Aditya replied turning to face his mother.
"Why did you come all the way here ? You should have told me I would have -."

"It's no big deal. I wanted to talk to Maheen, is she not here ?"

"No Rani Maa she is out strolling in the gardens ."

"At this hour ?"

"She'll be back in some, I'll send someone to fetch her if you-."

"No it's okay." Mandira interrupted Aditya. "Just tell her that I won't be present for the Pooja tomorrow, tell her to come to my room after the morning prayers."

"Okay I'll let her know."

"Alright. Good night then." She said placing her palm against his cheek.

"Good night Rani maa."

After shutting the door behind Mandira he walked towards the bed and plopped down resting his back against the bed rest, a pulsating headache made him close his eyes and his fingers massaged his forehead.

How was he going to hide the truth from Maheen, hide the fact that her father was critical and the one to gravelly injure him was the same man who had destroyed Maheen's life, his own uncle.

And now that's matters had turned serious, he would have to tell the truth about Balram to his mother as well.

Balram Shashtri would no longer be taken in back as a prisoner but he executed at first site.

What had he done ?

"Are you alright ?" Maheen's unexpected voice made Aditya jump in surprise and his hand moved towards the sword kept on his side again.

"Allah !" Maheen explained taking a step back. "Someday I believe you will plunge that sword in my chest, every time you are ready to draw it out."

"Don't sneak up on me then." Aditya said looking at her as she walked across from his side around the bed to her own.

"I wasn't." She said settling down on the bed.

"Aap sofa pe nahi soo rahi?" Aditya asked mockingly . (Aren't you sleeping on the sofa ?)

"The bed is big enough for the two of us, if you want to sleep on the sofa, be my guest." She said pulling the comforter on her head and turned around her back towards Haider.