C H A P T E R 51

The five of us arrived at the edge of my old pack, the surrounding shadows dispersing

The five of us arrived at the edge of my old pack, the surrounding shadows dispersing. Arius lugged Sinclair on his shoulder. Transferring Sin over to Akoni, Arius walked over to me and put his hands around my waist.

"Are you ready, darling queen?" he asked.

"Mmhm," I said, tip-toeing to kiss him.

Arius rubbed his nose with mine before pulling away and grabbing my hand.

"Let's go," he said.

I let my wings grow from my back, just like Arius, as we walked with Akoni and Allegra behind us. We entered the main quarters of the pack, where everyone was gathered for a weekly pack meeting.

Everyone stood up in alert of the intrusion, but Arius pulled them all back down to their seats with his shadows.

"Who are you?" Axel asked from the podium in front of the crowd.

Next to him stood Lilith. The two of them couldn't see my face yet since I was standing behind Arius's enormous frame.

"I'll ask again, who the fuck are you?" Axel said when Arius didn't answer.

"Watch your tone, boy. Speak to me like that again, I'll fucking kill you and then I'll make your life hell in the underworld."

I placed my hand on Arius's forearm to calm him down since I knew he was already on edge meeting my first mate.

I walked out from behind him and said, "Enough."

"Ana," Axel gasped out in surprise.

Lily stared back at me with a glare and I looked back at her and raised my eyebrow. The little boy in Axel's arms must have been his son with Lily.

I gestured to Akoni to drop Sinclair so the pack could see him. Everyone gasped when they saw who it was.

"Is that not the alpha king?" a member of the pack asked from the crowd.

"He was. Now he is just a regular old human that will live the rest of his natural life here," I answered.

"Why should we listen to a home wrecking slut like you?" Lily asked.

I extended my wings and flew right in front of her as my shadows wrapped around her throat.

"Sweetheart, I'm the queen of the underworld and my mate is a fucking god. I want absolutely nothing to do with you or your mate. Sinclair has been a pest for Arius, so I'm just taking care of the trash."

I let go of my shadows and flew back to my mate, who looked at me with pride.

Arius signaled a pack member over and said "Get him out of my sight."

The pack member grabbed Sin with the help of another member and took him to his new living quarters.

"The rest of you are dismissed so I can speak to your Alpha," Arius said to the pack, finally releasing them from his power.

The crowd quickly dispersed as the four of us walked over to Axel and Lily.

"What was your name, again?" Arius asked Lily.

"Lilith or you can call me Lily," she said smugly.

"Right. Lila, darling, I know my gorgeous mate made all her threats, but that won't stop me from ruining you after her," he said.

Lily's eyes widened before saying, "It's Lily."

Arius looked at her dumbfounded and said, "I don't give a fuck, Lila."

"Is he your second chance, mate?" Axel asked beside Lily.

I smirked and said, "Oh, he's my first. You were just a pawn in the moon goddess's jealousy over my mate. It was always going to be me and him even if you accepted me as your mate."

"Why the hell would the moon goddesses be jealous over someone like you?" Axel said, looking at my mate with disgust.

My eyes flashed red at the disdain against Arius, but before I could reply, Arius fully transformed into his beast.

"Because I'm a fucking god, and Selene is a minor goddess after my sister and I's birth. Our mother is the creator of your tiny planet and your race. She's jealous because Selene only controls werewolves, whereas I control all the death."

"So little pup, it is taking everything inside of me to not rip you apart, but since my queen has requested you to be spared, I will abide by her wishes."

Axel and Lily flinched back at Arius's true form and quickly gave a nod of acknowledgment.

Going into my mate's arms, I say, "Baby, you're scaring them. I'm bored and we've delivered them so we can go home."

I tiptoe and whisper into his ear, "I'm wearing your favorite lingerie, Ari."

Arius bent down a little to pick me up and, without a spare glance, we disappeared into the darkness. The two of us dropped Akoni and Allegra before Arius whisked us off somewhere. When the smoke faded, I saw that we were on the cloud where we had our first date.

I turned to Arius and said, "I love it here."

"Me too, amare," Ari said, pulling down to the cloud.

Continuing he said, "Up in the clouds where no one can see or hear us."

"I wouldn't have to stay quiet," I said as Arius climbed on top of me.

He took off my dress and placed kisses between my breasts. Arius then moved his mouth over a nipple and sucked it.

Bringing his head back up, he moved to the other breast and said "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you."

"Ari..." I moaned.

Climbing back up so that his face was touching as he rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you," I whispered against his lips.

"I love you, too. More than you could ever imagine," Ari replied.

I pulled my hand through his hair and said "Make love to me, my king."

"As you wish, my queen."

We spent the rest of the night in each other's embrace and enjoyed the feeling of each other.

Thank you for reading the fiftieth chapter of Darkened. Sorry for the wait, thanksgiving week has been kind of hectic. Thank you for 165k reads on this book.

P.S: Morte will begin after Darkened is completed.

QOD: What bonus chapters would you like?

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics and more: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

insta: xelegiicx

FOLLOW COMMENT VOTE