Chapter 14

Y/n’s P.O.V.

'It was behind me this whole time’

Before I could dodge the incoming attack, the attacker had expectedly landed a hit in my gut again with enough pressure on my lungs to make me cough blood.

Again, I turned to look at the supposed attacker but it was nowhere in my sight range.

I had already taken quite a few blows and I was not willing to let another one attack hit its target.

“Third form: Shadow clone” I whispered slowly as another shadow form of myself appeared beside me.

‘If it hits the clone, I should be able to attack’ I reasoned with myself taking in deep breaths.

By the time I had looked to the right to check on the clone, the spot in which it was formally in was now empty.
‘Shit’ and again, I sensed another fresh breeze behind me.

Luckily, I was able to quickly turn back to face the opponent and at least recognize my enemy. But what I had seen had shocked me.

There stood the almighty wind pillar whom I was meant to go on this mission with, a smug look on his face full of different scars.

It took me a while to recognize the person due to shock, but when I had, it didn’t end up very well if I must.

“YOU BASTARD! I FUCKING HATE YOU!” I furiously exclaimed, pushing him away from me.

“THAT WAS SO RECKLESS OF YOU! WHAT IF I HAD HIT YOU!?!” I scolded him.

“Tch. Cool down for a second. Don’t ever underestimate me. It was just for fun” he scornfully defended himself beyond logic.

“jus-!?” I exclaimed.

“You should have seen the look on your face. It was all serious and shit!” he laughed at me.

“I wish you'd get eaten by a demon on your way home” I spat at him before turning away from the eyebrowless slayer and walking back.

“Don’t you dare leave here you inconsiderate brat!” I heard him shout from a far distance but I had absolutely no ounce of care in my body as I freely walked away from him.

“BITCH!” was the last thing I heard from him before we were no longer in hearing distance.

“I can’t believe that guy” I fumed.

Time skip

Once again, I had reached the comfort of the water estate while I walked on the stone path.

“Y/N-chan!!” a feminine voice from the inside had said to me and I noticed that voice.

“Kanroji-san?” I asked the pink and green haired Hashira.

“I came here to accompany Muichiro!” she beamed cutely if I may add.

“Muichiro? He’s here?” I asked her then she suddenly plastered a huge smile on her face.

“Tokito-kun!” she had shouted then unexpectedly, a head had popped up from behind the mint eyed lady who stood in front of me.

“Hey” was all he said before he tried to go behind Kanroji-san’s back again.

Key word: tried.

“Don’t be like that Tokito-kun! You know why you’re here!” Kanroji-san exclaimed then used a lot of force to push Muichiro in front of her, startling the male.

“Shew shew! Go on now!” Mitsuri cooed, making the other mint-green eyed boy sigh in defeat then unwillingly look at me.

“*long sigh* I’m…………..” he started,  drifting off in a never ending pause.

“Go on!” Again, Kanroji aided him.

“*sigh* I guess I’m sorry?” he said to me, more like a question than an actual apology.

“You see Tokito-kun?! That wasn’t hard at all!” Mitsuri said to him, patting him on the back.

“Bleh”

“Bleh?” I finally spoke up.

“Do you accept his apology y/n-chan?” Kanroji-san asked me, giving me a serious yet cute pout.

“Muichiro! Pout with me!” she said to the boy who was busy gazing at the clouds.

“Huh?” he asked her, a visibly confused and lost expression on his face.

“Come on now! Just like we practiced! Pout!” she told him then Muichiro made a barely noticeable  ‘O’ shape with his lips.

“Okay” he said before giving his attempt of a pout.

‘Pfft. That isn’t a pout’ I internally laughed while looking at the two in front of me. Muichiro basically just looked like this:

“Okay” I spoke to the ridiculous pair in front of me and finally they had stopped their attempts of pouting

“You see Muichiro?! I told you it will work!” Mitsuri-san exclaimed while giving Muichiro-kun a head pat.

“Meh” he said, looking like a small kid without a single care.

“Took us two days to work on that!” Mitsuri proudly puffed out looking at the short male standing beside her.

“Two days?” I curiously inquired.

‘So they practised this when on my missions?’ I reasoned with myself internally giggling.

“Okay. Just like we practised again! Ask her Tokito-kun!” Mitrusi again said to the young boy.

“How……..how was your mission?” he forced out of his mouth before looking up at the clouds.

“I ship” Mitsuri whispered to herself watching the both of us engage in active conversation after what had seemed like forever.

“BITCH” a voice in the distance shouted angrily and I immediately recognized who it was.

“Got to go!” I quickly made an excuse before speed walking into the estate to avoid the outburst of the raging pillar who was after.

“YOU CAN’T RUN AWAY FROM ME!” I heard him scream my name, sending shivers down my spine as I hastily picked up my pace.

Suddenly, when I reached around the middle part of the estate, all his threats directed towards me were suddenly replaced by muffled noises.

Being the curious fool I was, I slowly went outside to have a slight peek at the ongoing situation.

I was already laughing and almost spilling tears at the situation in front of me.

The formerly outraged pillar was pinned to the ground by Mitsuri, a furious expression plastered on her face.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!” I wheezed at his pale face earning a death stare from the wind pillar who was still on the ground.

“Look who’s laughing now!” I said to him in between minor wheezes. 

Word count: 1040 words.

Next update: Later today (1k special)