Act Two- Charon, That One Ferryman, scares surprisingly easy

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

After sending two dozen of Crusty' finest beds to Camp through Hermes Delivery Service (cue Luke's nose scrunching up), I milked the experience for all it was worth by jumping on a few beds. Luke promptly banned me when I finally fell, and Annabeth chimed in with one of her customary 'you moron' speeches. I was busily tuning out her final lines when I finally spotted it.

A flyer for DOA Recording Studios sat loud and proud on some kind of pin-up board. Thing is, that's not what I was annoyed about.

The hell-damned thing was one block away.

"Puta de vaca!" I cursed, kicking one of the beds just to watch it jiggle. "We've been wandering around the city all day and it's right there!"

"Well, we found it now," Luke said wryly. "And stop swearing, Ophelia."

I looked him in the eyes and did my best to curse until I went blue.

Ophelia: 69 Luke: 1

My impish smirk was apparently enough reason for Annabeth to hit me upside the head, which was the signal for us to start a scuffle while Luke tiredly tried to break us up.

"We're about to go to the Underworld- if you're going to get hurt, get hurt there!" he yelled. "Ophelia! No biting!"

"But it's very effective!"

"I said no! And Annabeth, I swear, I'll tell Chiron and your Mother that you've been fighting!" cried a very exasperated son of Hermes.

I love riling up Luke.

By the time we left the store, we were all hiding smiles and a lot less tense than when we entered.

-

We stood in the shadows of Valencia Boulevard, looking up at gold letters etched in black marble: DOA RECORDING STUDIOS.

Underneath, stencilled on the glass doors sat the words, 'NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING'.

It was almost midnight, but the lobby was brightly lit and full of people. Behind the security desk sat a tough-looking guard with sunglasses and an earpiece.

"So, what's the plan?" Luke spoke up nervously.

"The plan is... follow my lead?"

"By the gods!" Annabeth exclaimed. "Ophelia, please tell me we haven't crossed the country just to enter the Underworld without a plan?"

"Uh... we didn't do that?" I tried.

"I'm going to kill you."

Luke quickly held Annabeth back from sending me to meet my uncle the fast way. I did the smart thing and scooted away from the dangerous girl with a really sharp knife.

"Shhhh," he hushed patiently. "Not yet. Ophelia, seriously, what is the plan?"

"Uh, you mean 'not ever', right?"

"Ophelia, either you share your impossible plan or I let go of Annabeth."

"Well!" I yelped. "My plan is to bribe Charon with drachmas in the name of his Italian suit collection, play fetch with Cerberus, march up to uncle and demand my Mãe back, give him back his helm, and go straight to Olympus."