𝘪. 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺? 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦?

𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗜 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗟𝗬 𝗘𝗟𝗕𝗢𝗪𝗦 through the never-ending crowd of bodies that continue to stream through the doors of the great hallway. People shoot her dirty looks and glower at her unpleasantly as she pushes past them, but she doesn't even spare them a glance, too focused on getting herself out of the house that threatens to burn her alive. It's far too hot in there, and very loud too. Levi feels rather claustrophobic and her head spins like a Ferris wheel.

As soon as she takes a step outside, Levi feels the familiar rush of the cold winter wind sweep across her bare skin and fresh air creep back into her lungs. She can still hear the indistinct buzzing of voices and the faint echo of music as she distances herself from the house. She has been in that hell hole for over two bloody hours, and it had been the longest two hours of her life. A part of her wants nothing more than to storm back into the house and find her brother, only to punch him in the balls for dragging her to this place with him. It was Saturday night and Levi had planned on staying home, under the comfort of her warm covers as she finishes off the final chapter of Great Expectations, a book her grandmother had sent her last Christmas. She was literally on the last few page of the book when her brother, Charlie, barged into her bedroom and demanded that she accompanied him on his mission to boycott the Leelands Halloween party.

                               The Leelands Halloween party, was an annual event that took place every year on the night of Halloween. It was hosted by one of the top students of Leelands Academy, a private school filled with sleazy rich kids that turn their noses up at those who don't own bank accounts the size of China. This year, Leelands were not only celebrating Halloween, but also their twenty hundredth win (slight exaggeration) against Saint Peter's swimming team, the team her brother was so proudly part of. Charlie had been absolutely livid when his team had lost against Leelands last week. He came home in a fit of rage, hair still soaking wet from the competition, and sulked away at his room for the rest of the day. He kept insisting that Leelands cheated, which was why they had won, and now, Charlie wanted vengeance. Levi tried to keep a straight face and not laugh when Charlie explained to her his genius plan. He was going to crash the party with the rest of his teammates, and wreak havoc and all kinds of chaos.

                             "Your plan's stupid," Levi had told him after he was done explaining, "I'm genuinely concerned about you mental well-being. Also, what the hell is that and why are you wearing it?"    

                              Charlie had stood in front of her, dressed in some sort of french bonnet that covered his blonde hair, and a white shirt that had frilly bits at the end of its sleeve. He had black shoes with shiny buckles on the end and weird puffy pants that ended just below his knees and made him look like a giant plum.

                              Levi cried tears of laughter as she stared wide eyed at her brother, "Oh my god! Are you wearing tights?"

                              Charlie had pressed his lips into a fine line, irritation etching his features. "It's called a hose," he corrected, matter-of-factually.

                              Levi shook her head. "I'm pretty sure you're wearing tights, mate. Why are you dressed like Shakespeare?"

                              Her brother looked absolutely mortified. "I'm dressed as a musketeer you id-"

                              Before Charlie could finish off whatever insult he was about to throw at her, Levi's best mate, Chanelle, had sauntered into the room and cut him off with an excited whoop.