CHAPTER 20

Maze

"I-" I didn't know what to say, I had nothing to say. She kept looking at my hand waiting for an answer, an answer that I don't really have.

"Your cut needs to be stitched so I think we should go to the hospital" I tried to change the subject and walking to the door but she was right behind me. Her good hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me against her. I missed this...

"Who is it?" She whispered in my ear, I bit my lip feeling goosebumps crawl all over my skin. Before I can answer her the door opened, and I quickly got out of her grip.

The girl looked between us and smiled nervously while backing away and out of the bathrooms.

"You didn't answer my question" she said as we got in my car, her hand was wrapped in a tissue to stop the bleeding.

"I don't own you an explanation" I just didn't know how to tell her. She gave me a confused look.

"I do deserve a fuckin explanation Maze... I was gone to a different country and when I come back you're married?!" She yelled,

"A different country?! You were dead! We had a fuckin funeral Dawn, a whole ass funeral! You think I wouldn't come see you if I knew you were alive?! You'd think I'd leave my dau-" I stopped,

"I don't even want to talk to you right now" I said parking in front of the hospital. She opened her door quickly and slammed it. I sighed in relief, I almost blurted out that I had her baby. She doesn't need to know yet...

I waited for her untill the doctor stitched her palm and wrapped a bandage around it. She didn't flinch or make a sound the whole time, like she didn't feel pain at all. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I looked at the screen.

'Come home, I have to go to work and Zora will be alone' -Ivan

"You can get a cab or call someone to get you I have to go now" I said in a hurry, she gave me a confused look.

"You drove me here!" She exclaimed, I rolled my eyes at her.

"I know..." I got in my car and drove away leaving her in front of the hospital.

Dawn

"She fuckin drives me crazy! Like how can she do that Lee. I am in love with her! And she's married to a fuckin guy!" I yelled pacing around the living room. I chugged the alcohol and slammed the glass on the table.

"And then she says 'I don't own you an explanation' " I mimicked her, I was frustrated. She was making me frustrated, and I hated it.

"Cmon you have to go see your mom" Lee took away the bottle from my hand and pulled me towards the door.

"I don't want her to see me like this" I whispered, Lee smiled in pity but didn't say anything.

I was going to see my mom after 3 years of being gone, I was sad, happy, excited but mostly scared.

I went to my mom's house, the one that I got for her when I worked for Mr. Black. I knocked on the door and waited nervously. A moment later, it opened revealing my mother. She stared at me in surprise.

"Hi mom" I whispered with tears in my eyes, she had some in hers. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I've missed her motherly love and sweet soothing words.

"My baby..." She cried on my shoulder, her small self in my arms. She pulled away and put her hands on my cheeks with a happy smile on her face.

"Oh you look amazing" she said patting my chest proudly, I chuckled and kissed her cheek thanking her for the compliment.

"Where's Milo?" I asked excited to see him, my mom sighed sadly and my heart dropped.

"Is he okay?" I asked, she smiled and nodded.

"He's in the military now. I just miss him so much" she said sadly, I sighed in relief thankful that he was okay.

I spent the whole night talking to my mom about Kim and what he did and where I was and if I was treated good. I looked at my watch and noticed that it was late and I had to go back to the house because I had work tomorrow.

I decided to go to the supermarket and buy some junk food for Lee and I. I walked around the aisle looking for something good to eat when I felt something bump into my leg. A small "ouch" was heard on the ground. I looked down to find a little girl holding her head on the verge of crying, oh no not the crying please. I quickly picked her up and put my hand on her forehead.

"Hey hey don't cry. Where's your mom? Let's go find your mom" I said with a small smile, she gave me a curious look. Her dark hair was in two pig tails and she looked so adorable. She just stared at my tattooed neck and touched it with her little hands. I chuckled a little because I was ticklish.

"It tickles" I said to her and she smiled wider, we were interrupted by a voice calling around the market.

"Zora! Where are you baby?!" A very terrified Maze walked around the aisle and stared at the both of us in shock. The little girl with both her hands pinching my neck and me holding her in my arms.

Maze finally woke up from her daydreaming and run towards us taking the girl from my arms.

"Are you okay?!" She asked the little girl.

"Yes mama, I ran into the mister but he was nice. It didn't hurt at all" she said rubbing her forehead. Wait, mama?

"Don't run off like that again, you scared me" Maze said, picking up her kid. I was still surprised that she's already had a kid with her husband that I just stared at her.

"You have a kid?" I whispered, she looked at me and her eyes held something but I wasn't sure what it was.

"It's none of your business Dawn" she whispered yelled, the kid gave me a weird but surprised look.

"Mama always says that my n-" the little girl started but Maze was quick to close her mouth.

"Goodnight" she said,

"Bye mister" the kid yelled waving goodbye, she has a whole kid...

*******************

That was so cute not gonna lie...

-S