The Love Demon

The day of Kanae's funeral had arrived. It was an emotional experience for everyone there. Riri, Shinobu, Aoi, and Kanao all held hands as they approached the casket. Tears filling each of their eyes. Sanemi approached the casket with tears in his eyes.

"Shinazugawa, this is the first time I've ever seen you cry!" Shinobu exclaims.

"Shut your mouth Kocho." Sanemi replies.

After everyone had the chance to view the casket, a few Kakushi close it and take it away to be buried. Shinobu lets out a cry as Mitsuri and Riri comfort her. After a bit more crying, Shinobu gets herself back together and thanks the girls for being there for her.

"I need to go train." Shinobu says.

"Kocho, you should rest." Mitsuri explains.

"Resting isn't gonna get rid of the demons." Shinobu says as she walks off.

Mitsuri sighs. Riri comes up from behind and puts her hand on Mitsuri's shoulder.

"Everyone grieves in different ways. If training is what makes Shinobu feel better, we shouldn't get in the way of that."

Mitsuri turns around. "I guess you 're right. I just worry for her."

"She'll be alright. We all will!" Riri exclaims.

"I haven't gotten the chance to introduce myself to you yet." Mitsuri says. "I'm Mitsuri Kanroji."

Riri holds out her hand and shakes Mitsuri's. "I'm Riri Bekka, soon to be Riri Rengoku."

Mitsuri gasps. "You're the future wife of the Flame Hashira! Congratulations!"

Riri smiles. "Thank you!"

"Are you on your way to becoming a Hashira as well?" Mitsuri asks.

"That's the goal!"

A whole day went by, and Shinobu never left the gym.

"Should we check on Shinobu?" Riri asks.

"No, I think it's best that we leave her be right now." Kyojuro replies.

Kyojuro's crow comes up to them.

"Ubuyashiki has requested that you and Riri head to the bottom of Mount Hena. There have been multiple demons spotted there."

"Thank you! We'll be on our way!" Kyojuro replies.

"This is our first assignment together!" Riri exclaims.

Kyojuro wraps his arms around her. "We'll do amazing!"

The two of them head out to Mount Hena. They race each other. Kyojuro is so quick that Riri can barely keep up, but she tries her best. Kyojuro stops every once in a while to wait for her. Whenever she reaches him he wraps his arms around her waist as she rolls her eyes and giggles, claiming she'll beat him at some point. After a day of traveling, the two of them make it to Mount Hena.

"I'm exhausted." Riri says.

Kyojuro laughs. "The battle hasn't even begun!"

Riri rolls her eyes. Kyojuro playfully punches her in the arm. She punches him back. The two of them look into each other's eyes and laugh.

"I'm obsessed with you." Kyojuro says.

Riri blushes.

Suddenly the two of them hear a loud noise. It sounds like a bunch of trees falling over at once.

"I smell something very bittersweet." Kyojuro says as he turns around.

"Let's follow it." Riri says.