Golden

"I look ridiculous," I say in awe as I check myself out in the body mirror on Friday night at The Coven.

"Babes, you look hot and Monty is going to drool over you," Marcus insists.

I chuckle, "Hell yeah, they will. I said I look ridiculous, I didn't say I don't look hot. I know I look hot." I'm doing drag for Monty. I know it's going to be an embarrassing shit-show, but I'd do anything for Monty. Even dressing up in a pink, leather lingerie, white tights, and black, leather high heel boots. I'm wearing a- supposedly- spare set of fake boobs. I finally get to try fake eyelashes and they're long and heavy almost. It's weird.

I'm also caked in makeup which Marcus had to do because I didn't know anything about that. And to top it off, I'm wearing a curly, baby blue wig. My look is inspired by a certain Harry Styles album (as gay as that is... then again, everything I'm doing right now is super gay). But I know Monty loves Harry Styles and the song I picked is a... golden, choice.

"I told Monty to be here an hour early. They think they have to help me set up for tonight's show, so when Monty gets here, you'll perform."

I nod, looking at myself with determination. "Alright, I can do this. I'm a shitty singer though," I tell Marcus, looking at him in worry.

"Oh, God, please don't sing, you're supposed to lip sync. Just mouth the lyrics."

"You don't think it'll be more romantic if I really sing?"

Marcus looks me up and down, he cringes, "no, sweetie. Lip sync."

"Got it."

*

I'm shaking. Preston Anders isn't someone who gets nervous, so why the fuck do I feel like I'm gonna pass out? Fuck you, Monty, you better forgive me after this; I'm putting my heart out on the line in the weirdest way possible for you!

I hear Marcus- who is now SinSister Coven- speak to the crowd as I wait behind a curtain, trying to calm my nerves. "Tonight, we're doing something a little different. A special treat from a new comer, BaronSis Von Hell." (Do you get it? I matched with Monty's name). I peek through the curtains, Monty's on the other side of the floor, looking a little confused at Marcus. I step back from the curtains and wait for my que. "This one's for you, Cruella DeWhore," and my music starts.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why did I go along with this?

But I step out from the curtains and try my best to walk in these god damn boots. Monty's jaw literally drops, their eyes wide, eyebrows raised as I mouth the lyrics, "Golden, golden, golden, as I open my eyes..." my nervousness is out the window as I flirtatiously strut over to Monty. Their expression returns to neutral like they're trying to hide their shock. Then, as if remembering they're pissed at me, they cross their arms and shake their head once I'm in front of them.

My hands are on Monty's hips, they tell me firmly, "don't," but their hard expression falters.

I give them a look that hopefully translates to, Come on, I know you want to laugh, as I skim my hands down his sides as I go down, twisting my body, and come back up. All the while, mouthing, "You're so golden. I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared because hearts get broken."

By the end of those lyrics, a smile breaks on Monty and he laughs and I laugh forgetting to lip sync. "Goofy-ass," is all they say.

"Your goofy-ass," I correct still moving to the music.

Monty shakes their head, grinning before bringing their hand to the back of my neck and pulling me into a kiss. Everyone in the club is cheering and cat-whistling at us. Monty and I are stupidly smiling against each other's mouths, my hands remaining on their hips.

"You're a horrible drag queen," Monty tells me, their lips still on mine.

I pull back, my song coming to an end, "Clearly. Not a single person gave me a tip."

"Mmm, come to my dressing room and I'll give you my tip." The crowd has already shifted their attention to the next drag queen, Monty and I are in our own personal bubble.

I laugh before speaking seriously, my forehead on theirs, "I'm sorry Monty."

"I know. Now get your goofy-ass up stairs and take this sexy outfit off cause we're about to have some uncontrollably, hot make-up sex."

I grin, "I love it when you talk dirty to me."

*

Up in Monty's dressing room, Monty's laying in my arms on an old couch that's against the far wall of the room (this is also where we had our make-up sex). "I can't believe you did drag," Monty speaks before chuckling.

"Yeah, it was kind of fun, but I'd rather watch you do drag." My fingers graze down their arm and back up.

"You looked like you were about to eat shit it those heels."

"Almost," I laugh before kissing the top of Monty's head. I take a deep breath, feeling content. "Monty?"

They look up at me, "hm?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"That's kinda gay," they joke. God, I think I'm in love with them.

"Not if we keep our socks on the whole time," I jest.

Monty chuckles, "I'd love to be your non-gay boyfriend." I smile before Monty presses their lips to mine. My hand slides behind their ear, my thumb grazing their cheek, and I kiss Monty back with everything I have in me.
.
.
.
.
.
The End

Thank you all so so much for reading Preston and Monty's story!! I love youuu
<3 <3 <3

Happy holidays!!

-Xoxo Bert