Chapter 42 {The Mafia Mansion}

An ugly personality destroys a pretty face...

(June 3th)

Catalaiya's pov:

Every good time has its end. It's been a week since we came here on our vacation, on our 'honeymoon'. Not gonna lie, the time we spent together brought us closer to each other... Really close.

We kissed, cuddled, enjoyed our stay, had blissful nights... he took care of me, showing me his soft and caring side, his sweet words had me blushing and his possessive side whenever any male tried to approach me, was quite hot to see.

"Are you okay?" I heard Aziel ask. I snapped out of my thoughts and shift my gaze on him.

Right now we were in the private jet, flying home. We left the island around noon and right now it was already 3 pm. The private jet was late by one hour due to some problems at the airport.

 The private jet was late by one hour due to some problems at the airport

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

"Yeah, why?" I asked confused.

"You have been staring at the table for a few minutes now." He pointed out.

"Oh, it's nothing... I'm just thinking." I reassured him.

He turned off his phone and put it on his lap, giving me his full attention.

"A penny of your thoughts," He spoke.

"I'm just thinking about how our vacation went... it was amazing," I told him. He nodded agreeing with me.

"It was my first vacation outside work and it will definitely not be the last one." He said making me chuckle.

"I have something to ask you," Aziel said hesitantly and I nodded, encouraging him to speak further.

"Do you mind if I ask Thalia to shift all your stuff back in my room or do you still want some space and time to adjust?... whatever you want, I'll respect your decision." He said, his eyes fixed on mine.

"I think I had enough time to adjust," I smiled.

"And I think I got my answer," he smiled back.

We spent the next three hours doing our things. He worked on his phone the whole time while I watched a movie on the t.v. He occasionally looked up at the screen and shared a few comments.

When the plane landed, we made our way outside. We thanked the captain and the air hostess before going to our car, which someone left for us. Aziel sat in the driver seat while I sat in the passenger seat. Two guys carried our suitcases to the trunk and put them inside.

"I'll have to stop at the mafia mansion to check on something," Aziel informed me, making my head snap toward him.

"Am I coming with you?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah, it'll be quick." He replied.

I buckled my seatbelt before he started to drive. I slightly turn up the volume of the radio and leaned in my seat, looking outside the window. I was feeling tired from the travel and I just wanted to jump on my bed and sleep.

Looking outside was keeping me awake.

A few minutes later, we reached a big guarded gate. Two security guys walked to us with their guns in their hands and they looked at me with cold stares. I tightened my grip on the seatbelt.

They were scary...

"Nothing to check here, that's my wife," Aziel told them.

They instantly walked back and open the gates. Aziel drove inside and I let my eyes roam around. The front yard was a big garden with a road path in the middle, the mansion was at the back and there were more bodyguards at the front door. I also noticed that there were a lot of cameras around the property.

"Let's go inside, you can wait in my office," Aziel said as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Huh? Can't I stay here in the car?" I asked, biting my lips.

He stopped what he was doing and looked at me," Why?"

I shrugged, "I just don't want to."

"You are scared," he said firmly.

"Maybe," I murmured.

"You shouldn't be, this is the safest place you can be. See all the guards?" He asked and I nodded.

Who won't see them...

"Now that they'll know your face, wherever you will be, whether they are on duty or on their day off, they will protect you and look after you like their own family. I won't even have to ask them, they will do it because of their loyalty toward me." He explained softly.

"However, in case of emergency before going with anyone make sure that they show you their 'loyalty'. Every member here has a ring or necklace with a green emerald, this is our 'loyalty' proof. If they don't have it, don't trust them." He added.

Oh god, so much information at once.

"Ok," I said once everything settle in my mind.

"Let's go,"

We both stepped out of the car and I instantly felt the eyes on me. I tightened my grip around my phone as I walked to the front, next to Aziel. He gave me a small smile before putting his hand on my back.

"Ah, Catalaiya."

I turned to my right side and saw Carter walking toward us with a smile on his face.

"Welcome to your husband's office." He said quite loudly.

"Aziel, I'll take her to your office. They are waiting for you impatiently." Carter told him.

Why was he talking so loud?

"Ok, stay with her," Aziel told him.

"He doesn't have to be my babysitter," I reassured Aziel. I heard Carter winced.

"Bodyguard... not babysitter." Carter corrected me.

"It's the same thing..." I trailed off.

Carter moved closer to me and leaned to my side, whispering," I have a pride you know, everyone is listening to us so please, say bodyguard and no babysitter."

He moved away and I chuckled, nodding.

"Let him be with you, love." I turned to Aziel, "You'll be more comfortable around him."

He called me 'love'...

"As her bodyguard," Carter added.

"Yeah whatever, just look after her," Aziel said. He looked at me one more time before walking away, with the guards following him.

"This way," I heard Carter say.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah