1/11/22 note

hi everyone.

for those of you who follow me / are friends with me on twitter, you may have noticed that about a week ago i deactivated all of my accounts. for a long time the drama on dhr twitter has really bothered and drained me, taking the fun out of the fandom for me. of course there were bright spots and wonderful people, but i found my time on twitter monopolized by the drama and i didn't like the person i became when i engaged with it.

as of right now, i have no interest in reactivating my accounts or returning to the fandom space in that capacity. as a side effect, i also currently have grown tired of dramione in general. i go through phases with the fandom so i am absolutely positive that this isn't a permanent end to my existence in the dhr community, but it will be a pause. it has already been over a month since i have updated this fic, and i don't know when the next chapter will be up— it all depends on when dramione goes back to being fun for me. it might be days, weeks, or even months. i still love my characters and love this fic and want to see it through, but at this point in time, it feels like a burden rather than an escape, and i think that shows in the writing. over the past few weeks, i have opened up the chapter 25 doc countless times to try writing it, but when my heart isn't in it, the words don't seem to come, and it isn't fair to me or to you to try and force it.

i want to reiterate that this is not a permanent end to haunted, but it is a hiatus. i hope to be writing and posting again soon, and i thank you all for your patience as i've been slowly pumping out updates. if i do ever decide to end this fic permanently, i will add another chapter with a note like this one to explain. so unless that happens, please assume that haunted is still only on a hiatus. (and if i did ever end haunted permanently, i would publish a breakdown of what was set to happen so as not to leave readers hanging, so don't worry about that.)

to all of my readers, i am so grateful for all of your support. whether i reply to comments or not, i read and cherish every single one of them, and it means so much to me that you are taking this journey with me. think of this as taking a break at a rest stop. get some snacks from the vending machine, put gas in the car, and take a nap. we'll be back on the road together soon enough :)

much love,
callie