Chapter Twenty: The Other Holmes

John cleared his throat, "Um, Sergeant Donovan's just been explaining everything, the three pills

John cleared his throat, "Um, Sergeant Donovan's just been explaining everything, the three pills. Been a dreadful business, hasn't it? Dreadful." he said looking at them both.

Sherlock looks at him for a moment; he said quietly, "Good shot."

"Yes. Yes, must have been, through that window." John said trying and utterly failing to look innocent.

Lorenzo grinned, "You know, you need to get the powder burns out of your fingers. I don't suppose you'd serve time for this, but let's avoid the court case." he said raising an eyebrow.

John cleared his throat and looked around nervously, hoping nobody was near.

Sherlock then asked him, "Are you all right?"

"Yes, of course, I'm all right." The army doctor replied nodding.

Sherlock shrugged, "Well, you have just killed a man." he said casually.

"Yes, I..." John trailed off. Sherlock looked at him closely, "That's true, innit?" he smiled, Sherlock continued to watch him carefully, "But he wasn't a very nice man." the army doctor said.

Apparently reassured that John really was okay, Sherlock nodded in agreement, "No. No, he wasn't really, was he?"

"And frankly a bloody awful cabbie." Lorenzo added smirking.

Sherlock and John chuckled, then they all turned and started to walk away.

"Should have seen the route he took us to get here." the young psychopath added again.

John giggled, and Sherlock smiled amused, "Stop, stop, we can't giggle, it's a crime scene. Stop it."

Sherlock shrugged, "You're the one who shot him. Don't blame us." he said.

"Keep your voice down." John hissed at him. He cleared his throat as they walked away, "You were gonna take that damned pill, weren't you?" he then looked at Lorenzo "And you were going to let him."

"I saw you at the other side with the gun... it was just a matter of time before you shoot him." the hazel-eyed boy told him carelessly, "We knew you'd turn up to save the day."

"No, you didn't." John shook his head, "You two, this it's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your lives to prove you're clever and for some entertainment."

Sherlock faked a gasp, "Why would we do that?"

"Because you're idiots." John said letting out a laugh.