Chapter 289: You Are Ian's Daughter!

Florence Stone, the housekeeper in charge of internal affairs at the Smiths’, was Ian’s diehard fan. She was absolutely loyal to the Smiths and had great respect and admiration for Ian.

She had witnessed with her own eyes how Ian had gone from someone shrewd and capable, lively and active, and someone who loved talking and smiling—to the zombie he currently was, all because of Yvette.

She hated Yvette with every fiber of her being.

Therefore, she always looked at things from Ian’s perspective. She reprimanded, “Even if Ms. Nora becomes Mrs. Hunt in the future, she’s still just Ms. Smith now! Mr. Ian’s daughter is the noblest of all! Although Ms. Yvonne is adopted, she’s Mr. Ian’s adopted daughter. Can’t you tell which of the two matters more?”

The nannies hung their heads upon being reprimanded, none of them daring to speak anymore.

When Nora went to Mia’s room, the two girls were already fast asleep.

This wasn’t the first time Cherry was sleeping together with a friend. The little fellow was carefree and slept very soundly. Mia, on the other hand, was relatively restrained. Her arms were placed on both sides properly. Even though she was asleep, her little face nevertheless made one want to dote on her.

Nora pulled up the covers for the children and went out.

As soon as she did, she ran into Joel who had just returned home from work.

Nora raised her eyebrows when the two ran into each other.

Joel was also a little surprised, though he quickly reacted. He said, “I’m here to take a look at Mia.”

Nora nodded.

When she stepped aside and got ready to leave, Joel suddenly said, “By the way, please tell Mr. Hunt that he can just ask us directly if there’s something he wants to know. Isn’t it a little too impolite to hack into the Smiths’ computer system without permission?”

Nora: “???”

She was stunned for a moment before she realized that Joel had misunderstood. As she had been too anxious to know Ian’s itinerary back then, she hadn’t covered her tracks in the afternoon. This was equivalent to blatantly breaking into the Smiths’ computer system.

She coughed but didn’t explain. Instead, she replied calmly, “I will let him know.”

Joel stared at her. He couldn’t help feeling like something wasn’t quite right with the woman after he had said that, yet he couldn’t pinpoint the reason why. Thus, he nodded and entered Mia’s bedroom instead.

Nora walked back to her room with a guilty conscience. She had only just taken two steps when her phone rang.

She held it up and took a look in the silent corridor—it was actually from Justin.

Perhaps because she was feeling too guilty, she actually picked up the call right away. She asked, “What’s up?”

Justin said dispassionately, “Let’s switch the children back tomorrow.”

Nora’s voice was low as she asked, “Is Pete missing me?”

“… Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Justin said, “Let’s have lunch at noon with the children and then switch them back?”

Nora answered very sincerely, “I can’t wake up in time.”

“How about at night, then?”

Nora nodded without much care. “Okay.”