「 The Tragedy of the Fatalist 」

Disclaimer: I don't own Xiao, Genshin impact, Bungo Stray Dogs. They belong to their rightful owners. I only own the change of the storyline, the change of characters and the change of Xiao

Thought or flashback
*action*
Yelling or screaming

(A/n: apologizes if this chapter doesn't make sense, it was hard to include Xiao in this)

[3rd P.O.V]

Atsushi abruptly opened his eyes with sweat dripping down his face, "what happened? Where am I?" Atsushi murmured with his eyes widened, trying to figure out where he was and remembering what happened.

"So, you've finally come to?" A voice spoke making Atsushi turn his head towards the voice.

"Kunikida?" Atsushi mumbled as he saw Kunikida sitting on the edge of a bed next to him, which Xiao was residing in.

"Damn it kid, I can't believe you pulled that stunt and at such a busy time." Kunikida scolded, as he stroked Xiao's head a bit with a unusual worried look in his eyes.

_____________________________

Atsushi was having a major flashback and the last thing he remembered...

It was Xiao getting his leg severed off...

"I remember!" Atsushi exclaimed as he abruptly sat up, "Mr. Kunikida, are Tanizaki, Naomi and most importantly, Xiao...?"

Kunikida looked worried for a second but it disappeared.

"Just calmed down. Tanizaki, Naomi and Xiao are okay." Kunikida answered, but Atsushi wanted to make sure.

"Are you sure? Really sure?" Atsushi asked again making Kunikida sigh a little.

"Yes. Dr. Yosano is treating Tanizaki next door as we speak. She treated Xiao not long ago." Kunikida responded as Tanizaki was currently getting treated.

_____________________________

Tanizaki's horrified yells could be heard.

Atsushi flinched at the sudden sound and had sweat dripping down the back of his head.

Kunikida had his hands around Xiao's ears so he wouldn't wake up to the loud noise, and he knows that Xiao doesn't sleep a lot.

As soon as the sound from Tanizaki was gone, Kunikida removed his hands from Xiao's ears.

He then got his ideal book to reread his schedule.

Atsushi sighed, "that's... medical treatment?" He asked nervously, before remembering how bad Xiao's injuries were.

"I heard a rumor." Kunikida spoke, completely ignoring Atsushi's question.