There is a hidden truth taken from our subconscious

I woke up peaceful that day. Yesterday's incidents hit me with countless emotions and I just couldn't wait to hear what people would talk about that morning.

I sat on my bed and looked at the window and I was sure it was morning. I could hear the birds sing beautiful soliloquy, flying around the trees. From where I had sat down, I partially saw the blue sky shine as the white clouds played hide and seek.

Some people where still sleeping soundly, too soundly for my liking, while other people were wide awake wondering around. Others were talking with their friends.

On the corner of my eyes,m I saw Tiya with her other friends, the girl Tama had introduced to be the short one in the group. If I had to me fifth person in there group I was pretty sure her shortest person title would be stripped off out of her. I was a young girl blessed with not much height.

Tiya was screaming on top of her lungs. I could hear her loud and clear from where my bed was and which was really far away from hers. 'What's with short people and being chatty' I thought. Possibly, it was 5 beds apart. I still didn't believe that I have actual friends, no more imaginary friends.

I cought eyes with Kumbu, I crushed her with a brief grin, she also smiled back at me but it didn't reach her eyes. That got my stomach to start feeling something turning roughly and noisily. It must be hunger because the food we ate last night was not something to be recognized as food.

Her smile was like she was smiling at a stranger, an odd stranger you smile at so that the staring conversation could end sooner. What I mean is that she thought I was what everyone here thought I am and she had to pull out a convincing smile (although it was not much convincing) so that I could smile back and then it would be all over.

I decided to look at my fingers. At that moment, they were the most fascinating thing to look at.

After minutes of looking at my fingers, the roof and the clouds I decided to go to Tiya's bed to talk to my new friends.

The walk towards them was making me feel light-headed and sweaty. I got myself off the hook by playing with my hands but it just seriously got me more feverish. It was two beds away! But still, it felt like forever.

***

"Hey, guys. How did you sleep?" I asked them. They first looked at each other for a brief second and looked at me again. "Yeah,hey. We slept well and you?" answered Kumbu. "Um! Me too. Yesterday was intense, right, the monster"I said nervously. I didn't know why I said it nervously. Perhaps, it was because the whole creatures of the night was till blur and I hadn't rapped my finger around.

They looked at each other and got back to me. They gave me the impression that they were lost and a little freaked out. Well, at least I was not the only one that was freaked out at that very moment.

Just like Tiya had described them, Tiya was the shortest one, she was cute and shabby, Mwayi was the tallest and slim. Kumbu had been described by Tama as being loud, she was also talk but not talk as Mwayi, she was giant. Tama was somewhere around my height and slim. She had shiny eyes that spackled when she cried.

"Do we know you?" Asked Tiya annoyingly and loudly and that just made me feel sucked. "We talked yesterday when we were hiding in the room from the monster. Where the priest...." I stopped and I remember father Peter's might be dead. He looked dead, he wasn't moving. "Just kidding, Thabo, our new friend" said Tama.

I had stopped myself from spilling more words.

He had fell down yesterday, he basically chocked himself by squeezing his neck. What I didn't understand was why the sisters just stood there like no one was chocking himself to death.