Chapter 12

Bright light floods into my room from the window. I let out a big yawn before stretching my arms and grabbing my phone from the bedside table. The clock on my lock screen tells me it's almost 9 am.

I connected my phone to the speakers as I stepped into the shower. I wash my hair and shaved everything. Things I always do at the end of my period. Afterward, I applied the same vanilla-scented cream.

I changed into some shorts and one random big t-shirt before heading to the kitchen for breakfast.

Nona called last night. We talked about the friends she made in the new nursing home she moved to courtesy of my marriage to Daniel. She even has a personal nurse that's taken care of her daily needs. She even went on and on about the hot gardener they had. I'm truly happy for her and now I'm even very content knowing that she is in good hands.

I had doubts when I agreed to this marriage but after speaking to Nona I know I did the right thing.

I made simple eggs and bacon. I found the sink was a dirty bowl and cup so assumed Daniel had already had breakfast. So I only made enough for one.

During the week it has become routine for Daniel to drop me at work. Plus the kiss at the corner of my mouth. Which still makes me hot. Today though fortunately is Saturday. I don't have work today which means I got to sleep in.

It was around 10:45 and I decided to do laundry. So after washing the dishes I went to my room and collected all my dirty clothes and made my way to the laundry room and was surprised to see Daniel there.

He is currently busy transferring clothes from the washer to the dryer. Something was weird about him today though. Well for starters he looked bigger and I spotted a few tattoos that were not there a few days ago. I was pulled out of my thoughts when he spoke.

" Oh Hey you must be Amanda," the man said as he turned around. He held his hand out for me to shake. My mind automatically screamed stranger danger.

So I chose the safe option.

Which was run to the only person that could protect me from the intruder. I loudly banged on the door but no one opened the door. So I walked into the familiar black and red room and made sure to lock it from the inside.

" Daniel " I whispered and yelled before placing my ear to the door to listen to if the intruder was close. I could hear his footsteps coming closer to the door so I knew he followed me.

Butternut. This is not how I die.

"Amanda?"

I turned around and was face to face with a very wet Daniel with a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips. Water was dripping from his hair and his wet chest shimmered in the light. The sight made the spot between my thighs ache. I forced my eyes not to go any lower and diverted my eyes to the messy bed.

" Amanda," he says moving closer. Until he was standing in front of me, causing my eyes to land on his bare tattooed chest.

A hand lightly lifts my head making my eyes connect with his.

He was close. So close I could feel his body heat. So close the scent of his body washes invaded my nose.

My eyes move to his moving mouth. I watched as his full lips moved. They looked soft and chewy.

He licked his lips and I sucked on my bottom lip at the thought of them on mine.

The hand on my chin tightens and forces my eyes to meet his bringing me out of my trance. " Have you gone deaf "

I blushed when I realized he had been talking and I blushed even harder at our proximity.

" I..I'm..um... I " started stuttering like a broken-down truck.

" What Amanda " his thumb removed my bottom lip from between my lips. His eyes moved between my lips and eyes.

My hands were flat on the door behind me as I waited for his next move.

The distance between us was decreasing by the second.

I could smell his minty breath as his lips hovered above mine. My eyes closed on their own accord as I felt his lips brush over mine ever so slightly.

Knock knock

The banging on the door startled me. I quickly jumped behind Daniel and through my hands around his waist. With my face flat on his back.

Knock knock

The knocking stopped as Daniel opened the door. " What are you doing here" he did not even seem shocked to see that theirs a stranger in the house, he seemed more irritated.

"That's no way to greet your best friend Dan," the man on the other side of the door said.

" Hi " with that Daniel shut the door in his face and around to face me. " Sorry about that, I forget to tell you he was coming over"

I just nodded in response. "Let me get dressed and meet you downstairs" with that he walked back to the bathroom.

I made my way down to the living room where I found Daniels's friend eating some of the leftover dinners from Last night.

I stood there for a while mentally preparing myself to act accordingly. You know as Daniels's wife.

Once I had gathered enough courage I walked in and sat down on the couch across from his. When he noticed my presence he looked at me and smiled.
" No running away this time huh" with a mischievous smirk on his face.

Letting out a small laugh " no...no running this time" --- " what's your name?"

He was about to respond but Daniel entered the room.

He walked gracefully as he made his way to me. I moved to the end of the couch to make space for him to sit down.

He took up most of the space on the couch and I found myself pressing against the armrest.

I let out a small scream as felt hands on my waist. But I soon relaxed when I saw they were Daniels. His strong arm wrapped around my waist as he moved me to sit on his lap.

I got Goosebumps as felt his cold hand touch my bare lower back. He then proceeded to put his head on my neck where he placed a small wet kiss. I gasped as heard him whisper in my ear " relax "

His hand started rubbing small circles on my back which I assumed was to comfort me but that only send sparks up my spine.

" Open your eyes," he says lowly into my ear. I didn't even realize my eyes were closed until he said so.

I opened my eyes and looked down at my hands. Then I looked at the person in front of us and gave him a sheepish smile.

" Damn get a room," the friend says with a chuckle.

" Come on Dominic, don't get jealous now," a smug-looking Daniel says pulling me closer to his body.

Dominic put his hand over his mouth to fake a shocked expression. " I thought I would never see you settle down "

" If you like it you should put a ring on it," Daniel says causally.

Did he just quote Beyonce?

*****************************************

Hey, hunnies ❤️
Our characters seem to be getting closer
I'm planning on introducing a few other people in the upcoming chapters.
P. S I think I'm getting a hang of this writing thing
But I can't do much without your input... So don't forget to comment