Ever After - Episode 2

A/N: Craig Gerber (creator of Sofia the First) announced that Prince Desmond is from the kingdom of Mezbez! So that'll now be in my stories.

The royal family eagerly waited and servants loaded their luggage onto their yacht. "Sailing out in the ocean for a week sounds like such a relaxing vacation," Amber said. James simply stated how relaxing doesn't equal fun.

"I think cruises are fun!" Sofia told her brother. Miranda assured for her children that the family vacation will be enjoyable, then questioned where their friends were. "They're on their way, Mom," Sofia answered. They were allowed to bring a few friends on the trip, with them choosing Hugo and Desmond.

Roland turned back to see how the loading was going, then caught a glimpse of a sword stacked on top of some of the luggage being carried on. "Wait, stop that crate," he commanded. The servant who was carrying the crate automatically sat it down. Roland walked over and picked up the sword going, "James, what did we tell you about bringing your swords on the trip?" James explained how he's going to be bored just sitting on a boat all week, so his swords will help occupy himself. "If you're bored, then spend time with everyone. This trip is meant to be a vacation. If you're continuing to practice for school, then it won't be that way. Plus, it might damage the ship. You're still not too experienced."

James just sighed then turned going, "So Desmond can bring his books, but I can't bring my sword?" and pointed to Hugo and Desmond approaching with book bags of their luggage, the latter also carrying a stack of books in his hands. They both handed their luggage to approaching servants for them to bring onto the yacht.

"I'm glad you boys could make it. The children will be delighted that you two could come. I think everything will be even more fun now that you're here. It seems as though the luggage is done loading, so it's time to board the ship," Miranda said. As everyone was about to board, James glanced to make sure no one was looking, smirked, and picked his sword back up, placing it with the luggage.

Once everyone was aboard, everyone paused and noticed Desmond was still standing on the dock. James chuckled and went, "Don't tell me you're afraid of water..."

Desmond quickly defended, "No! Just... really deep water." He then stopped, tucked his hands behind his back, and blushed adding, "And I get seasick..." Hugo questioned why Desmond decided to come, making him reply, "I just... like being part of the group. I don't want to be alone for a whole week."

Sofia and Amber just smiled and joined him on the dock. They began to try and give him reassurance. He hadn't been on a cruise or boat for the longest time. He started to explain a story on his past experience when he kept throwing up overboard and almost falling off due to it. It was a traumatizing experience for him that he would never forget.

Hugo then joined them on the dock. He placed his hand on Desmond's shoulder going, "C'mon, little buddy. It's ok! That was four years ago. Your seasickness must've worn away by now. You never know until you try." Desmond then agreed and boarded the ship with the others.

A few hours later, they were out at sea. All five kids were out on deck. They were all trying to catch the breeze, except Desmond who just held onto the wall of the cabins. The other four became aware of this. "We have to help Desmond enjoy this and, you know, have fun!" Sofia pointed out. Hugo replied how he doesn't know how they could do that without Desmond feeling pressured. James quickly announced that Amber should talk to him.

Amber questioned why they thought she could help and Hugo answered, "He just always listens to you for some reason."

"He... He does...?" Amber curiously responded, as she turned and looked back at the boy who was clenching onto the wall with his eyes tightly closed. "Ok. I'll do it!" she exclaimed as she turned back around to face the others.