Abusive peopele abuse even in death

Aparna Arora is being driven home in a police car after killing her abusive husband in self-defense. she was to be put in house arrest. she is being escorted by Inder Saxena, a police officer and her husband's former work partner. After they get inside, another officer arrives to fit Aparna's ankle bracelet, telling her she cannot move more than 100 feet (30 m) from the detector in the hallway, and if the alarm sounds for more than three minutes, the police will be notified.

The next day a delivery boy Raghu arrives with groceries, and Aparna tells him she needs him to come by on a regular basis. Later that night while in bed her Husband's face suddenly appears. Frightened, she leaps up and flees from the room. Her husband's ghost, Aadit
pushes her down the stairs. Aparna crawls to the front door setting off the detector. Saxena arrives a short time later and finds her unconscious at the front door. She tells him she fell down the stairs. He asks her if someone is beating her and chastises her for not cleaning up the blood stain which has reappeared on the wall.

Aparna has Raghu get her some books from the library about ghosts. She reads that she must get rid of all of Aadit's things and begins collecting everything, including the suitcase she threw in the basement. While in the basement, Aparna is attacked by Aadit's ghost and dragged down the stairs before she can finally get up and run to safety. Once upstairs, Saxena is knocking at her door after hearing screams, and begins looking throughout the house demanding answers. He claims that Aparna is covering for the real murderer and gets upset at her lack of clarity. In the end he apologizes for not being able to protect her and vows to do everything in his power to protect her now.

Aadit's  ghost continues to threaten Aparna and she continues to rid the house of his presence. Feeling lonely, Aparna calls Raghu in the night and, against her wishes, he runs over and refuses to leave unless she lets him in. They make their way upstairs and have sex, during which Aparna sees Aadit's ghost and continues, seeming unfazed, almost happy that the ghost is watching. Everything seems fine until the next morning when they are getting out of bed and Aadit's  ghost attacks them, brutally killing Raghu.

Saxena has been watching her all night and comes with a warrant to arrest Raghu, claiming he knows he's in there. Aparna says she is taking a shower to buy herself some time to hide the body in the floorboards before Saxena can reach her room. While downstairs talking, the ceiling breaks above them and Raghu's body falls through the ceiling. Saxena gets ready to arrest Aparna and take her from the house when Aadit's  ghost attacks Aparna, throwing her about the room. Stunned by what he sees, Saxena himself is then attacked by Aadit's  apparition. The ghost then sets the house on fire.

Saxena is thrown down the stairs and Aparna follows, escaping out the window to safety, but returning when she hears Saxena inside awake and searching for her. She helps him out right as Aadit's  ghost pulls her back through the window. As the two struggle, Aparna removes her ring and throws it at her ex-husband's ghost. The ghost catches it and then disappears in a ball of fire. As a crowd of people begins gathering outside, Aadit tells her to escape. Aparna is then seen on a bus, while a passenger reads a Newspaper, where the headline proclaims she died in the fire saving Saxena's life.