Chapter 12

On the computer screen, two professional teams were playing in full swing, but Yu Tu's mind was wandering.

He recalled, in that very moment when he had said he wanted to give up, the expression in Qiao Jing Jing's eyes that showed surprise and that it would be such a shame. He did not understand. He was obviously going to walk the path that was widely accepted as having the more promising future, so why would she feel it was a shame?

Except for his teacher, it seemed that she was the only one who had shown this kind of expression.

"Yu Tu." Zhai Liang did not even knock on the door before pushing it open and coming in. "When did you come back? I didn't even know you were back."

Yu Tu regained his composure and pressed pause. "Not long ago, while you were making a call on the balcony."

"Oh." Zhai Liang sat down on Yu Tu's desk with a crafty look on his face. "You met up with Xia Qing today?"

Yu Tu looked up at him. "How did you know?"

"Heehee, who am I? How are things progressing.....?" With Yu Tu's probing look fixed on him, he couldn't continue what he was saying and raised up his hand. "It really wasn't me. Xia Qing went to Hangzhou on a business trip and met up with Bao Bao. Isn't it very normal to chat about you?"

"Since you're so free, it would be better to go abroad earlier. Furthermore," Yu Tu recalled something and warned him, "in the future, talk less rubbish in front of Cotton."

Zhai Liang was shocked and made a crying shout. "Cotton went so far as to rat on me? How could that girl be like that?"

He felt that it was a huge betrayal and intended to log in to the game later to look for Cotton and settle the score. "Oh, by the way, Qu Ming just called to treat us to a meal. Half past six tomorrow night over at Pudong (Shanghai's newest district on the eastern side of the Huangpu River, a Special Economic Zone chock full of gleaming skyscrapers). We'll go together."

"Tomorrow, I'm......"

Zhai Liang was not happy. "It's a hard to come by thing for this cheapskate to give me a farewell dinner. You better give face, since all the university classmates in Shanghai will be going."

Yu Tu nodded. "Okay. I'll go there by myself tomorrow."

Many of Yu Tu and Zhai Liang's university classmates worked around Lujiazui (a new financial district in Shanghai, opposite the Bund). Naturally, the place for the dinner gathering was in that vicinity. It would only take ten minutes to walk from Qiao Jing Jing's house.

By the time Yu Tu arrived, almost everyone was there. There was no private dining room in this western restaurant. Seven or eight people sat in a cubicle on the side, and the scene was bustling with noise and excitement.

Qu Ming was the first to spot him and, rising, greeted him with extravagant exuberance. "Our great, talented scholar who dominated in two majors has arrived."

In fact, Yu Tu did not know this classmate very well. During their university years, he was busy with his studies and practically went to the library daily. Except for Zhai Liang and Bao Bao, his dormitory roommates, his relationships with other classmates would not be considered close ones. Qu Ming had seemed to have strong hostile feelings towards him all along. Initially, he did not understand why, until he graduated from university and broke up with Xia Qing.

Qu Ming used to love using that sentence to jeer mockingly at him, but now as he was all smiles, it was hard to determine for the time being his true intention and sincerity behind that statement.

Yu Tu greeted everyone, then sat down.

Everyone chatted briefly. One of the classmates, Zhao Tian, ​​suddenly asked, "Qu Ming, didn't you say that Xia Qing will be coming. Why don't I see her here yet?"