Chapter 15: " Devils! "

————-
< Next day >

Inside the larger hut the bright multiple intruding lights had shine brightly on Kuroka's sleeping figure, her body slowly moved with her eyes twitching. Groaning before suddenly getting up in a fast pace as her eyes slightly shines brightly, looking around before taking a few seconds. To remember what happened last night before sighing, sitting up wiping her eyes as she looks at the not so closed window.

Now hearing somebody yelling as the sound of swords clashing against each other, she slowly got up before walking outside. The light flashed her eyes as she covered her eyes with her hand, before slowly getting her eyes adjusted.

Seeing Kori clashing swords against the middle age man who looks like he ain't trying, as he immediately defeated Kori after 10 minutes of watching.

" Good you are slowly getting better with your swordsmanship, take a five minute break and eat breakfast. Then we'll continue your training, I'd manage to create a small obstacle course. But first join us girl, let's eat " Zangetsu turn his head at Kuroka who had her hand placed on her stomach, since it was growling.

She nods before sitting down on a log which was placed against a fire, which had cooked salmon on a stick. Zangetsu handed her the fish before giving the second one to Kori, who immediately went in.

" This is good! " Kori shouted which Hurts Kuroka's ears which only lasted a few seconds, before digging into her food as well.

Zangetsu gave the two water before sitting back down striking a conversation with Kuroka.

" How was your rest girl? Hopefully you feel comfortable " Zangetsu spoke in a gently tone as Kuroka smiled.

" It was fine it was better then sleeping in a cave with a bunch of critters " Kuroka made a disgusted face as she drank water.

" That's good to hear, would you like to follow along with us to the training course? Or would you like to stay here for a while " Zangetsu asked which Kuroka shook her head no.

" I'll stay, I still feel a little sleepy " Kuroka yawned like a cat, as Zangetsu nodded for her choice.

" Then please watch over this place, the training course is not that far anyways. Let's go Kori " Zangetsu walked away as Kori stood and chase after him.

" Yes teacher! " Kori ran to Zangetsu's side before slightly turning his head, to look back at Kuroka who looks sad.

While that is happening Kuroka stood up before walking back into the hut, laying down as she look at the wooden ceiling of the hut. She placed her hand over her chest, as a pulse was felt.

< Back to Zangetsu and Kori >

" Here is the training course, this will test your stamina, reflexes, instincts, wits, Power, and finally Courage " Zangetsu stood behind Kori who look at the large wooden entrance, as inside he sees multiple course 's. Like wooden figures, ropes hanging off a building structure, a running course with figures standing anywhere in twos or fours, and so on.

" Wow..... " Kori went inside as he sees that a large wooden border, is surrounding the whole course.

" Here is the starting line, why don't you give it a go? " Zangetsu stood on the side as he watches Kori standing in front of the starting line. Getting close to a crouching position, bending his legs before sprinting.

His first obstacle course was the running field which has multiple wooden figures, standing all around in different location. He heard his teacher shouting at him, as he saw his wooden sword being thrown towards him.