Chapter 13: The Vow and Promise of a Hero

Occult Research Club Building
3rd Person POV
Motohama was currently seen on his knees with a polite bow in front of Rias and Akeno, who both appeared to be shocked at some recent news that came to the two of them.

Rias: So it was Motohama that was the Hero Clan's undercover rat.

Akeno: Oh my.

Motohama didn't speak. He just remained silent and patient as the others around him spoke.

Rias: I'm not exactly sure what to say. But other than the fact that I appreciate that someone caught the erm....issue.

Akeno: Quite well said.

Atsushi: Now now. Let's not judge too quickly.

Rias: Yes, quite true.

Rias stood up and walked towards Motohama. She kneeled in front of him and gently patted his head.

Rias: More so, I should be thankful for someone who was able to capture what happened. That someone was watching over us. To make the best strike when we were in need. So thank you.

Motohama remained silent and accepted Rias's gratitude. Jeison and Atsushi stood next to Motohama.

Asia: But what now?

Atsushi: Inomata is still finishing his rehabilitation training. So if we are going to deal with this stray devil infestation, I'm calling Motohama in to substitute in for him until he's ready.

Motohama sat up quickly and faced the two heroes.

Motohama: Wait! But I'm not strong enough to kill devils! I haven't even gotten my armor or my sword!

Atsushi: If you can track them down and keep them on record, then that'll be enough for the team. I have 3 others on my team that can handle most of them. If I have to step in, I will.

Jeison: This isn't a request, it's an order from the captain and leader.

Motohama remained quiet and slowly bowed his shaking body in respect.

Motohama: Y-Yes sir.

Atsushi: Good. You'll be staying with us for the time being.

Rias: Wait what?!

Akeno: Is there enough rooms for us to hold an entire team of heroes?

Rias: I honestly lost track at this point.

Timeskip
It was now after school. The group was now heading home, as they stood outside the mansion.

Jeison and Irina looked at each other for a moment and then looked away, which was noticed by Xenovia.

The group slowly went inside to see Rina and Hisato watching TV together. The two of them seemed happy with each other's company.

The group entered the house and began to walk into their own rooms and enjoy their own activities. Just as Rina and Hisato were about to lean in for a kiss, the two noticed a familiar face.

Rina: Woah! Takashi?!

Hisato: Is that serious you dude?!

Motohama looked surprised for a moment and then looked away from them. He followed Asia to his room. But Hisato was about to stand up.

Hisato: Hey. Takashi wait!

*GRAB!*

Hisato: Huh?!

Hisato turned to see Jeison holding on to this shoulder.

Jeison: Back off for now Hisato. You can talk later.