Chapter 9: I Just Wanna Know you Better

Aria stared out of the car window, vaguely aware of the passing traffic.

"You're quiet." Aaron stated.

She hadn't said much after he picked her up from the manor to head to the movies. He figured something must have happened between her and Aimee before he got there.

She glanced at him and gave him a faint smile. "I'm fine. Really."

He nodded, not completely convinced. "If you're tired, we could always reschedule." He told her.

She turned to face him, then shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Besides, we already had to reschedule. And who knows when you'll have another free weekend again." She reasoned.

He nodded again, then turned his attention back onto the road ahead. The only thing that could be heard was the radio playing softly in the background. They drove for a few more minutes before Aaron spoke again.

"Did something happen between you and Aimee earlier?" He asked gently.

Aria leaned further back in her seat and exhaled slowly. She bit the inside of her cheek, contemplating how to answer his question.

"I'm just concerned." He told her.

She stayed silent, choosing to look down at her entwined fingers in her lap. "I don't want to talk about it." She replied quietly.

He sighed, choosing not to force her to tell him what happened. "Okay." He relented. "But when you do want to talk... I'll be here to listen. Alright?"

She looked up at him, then nodded. "Thank you."

He gave her a slight smile . "Anytime."

They drove in silence for a while until Aria started humming to something playing on the radio.

I used to wanna be

Living like there's only me

And now I spend my time

Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind (yeah you!)

I used to be so tough

Never really gave enough

And then you caught my eye

Giving me the feeling of a lightning strike (Yeah you!)

Look at me now, I'm falling

I can't even talk, still stuttering

This ground of mine keeps shaking

Oh oh oh, now!

Aaron tried to make as if he didn't notice but he couldn't help the slight curve of his lips as he listened to her.

"One Direction?" He guessed.

She chuckled softly. "Nope. The Vamps." She replied.

He frowned, not saying anything.

"You have no idea who that is, do you?" She asked.

He shook his head.

She laughed. "Oh, Agent Hotchner. You're in for one crazy ride with me as your daughter." She joked.

He smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"We might have a slight problem." She told him as they stood in the line for their movie tickets.

He frowned. "And what would that be?"

She turned to face the movie posters on the wall beside them.

"We never decided on a movie." She told him.