chapter 6-

Beta max p.o.v.

I watched how harper ran around the forest. Her wolf is beautiful and I couldn't help but stare. I was watching her for a while and she never noticed at all. I will protect her no matter what.

I'm going to train her more and train her that she can have fun and run freely but to also watch her back without having her guard up all the time where she is tense but where she is carefree. I want her to be carefree but also know when she is being watched.

I had followed her from when she walked out the pack house. Sounds stupid but when I seen she was going out at this time I had to make sure she was okay especially as I know she never told anyone she was going out late at night on her own.

I stood on a twig making her snap her head in my direction. We spoke a little and rubbed our bodies against eachother. She layed down clearly tired so I lated protectively.

"Sleep baby" I said softly.

Next thing you know I hear her purring away in her sleep making me and my wolf chuckle in our head. I watched her for a while before my wolf called out her wolf to take over her body and change to human form.

Her wolf groaned out of annoyance but did as we asked. Her wolf let her control slip but not before kissing us on the cheek and went back to sleep. I picked harper up in my arms and pulled her closer to my chest.

I took her back to the room she was staying in and put her gently in her bed. I kissed her forehead and went to my bedroom wishing to stay with Harper but knowing it could make her uncomfortable if I stayed there without her permission.

I sighed but got into bed and fell asleep thinking about my mate and how lucky I am.

The next morning I woke up to banging going on downstairs. I walked down stairs and seen keaton in the kitchen cooking food.

"Hey, you must be keaton I'm max" I said.

Kearon soan round fast putting his hand on his heart.

"You scared me. Hello beta max yes i am keaton nice to meet you. I heard so much about you. Damien really looks up to you. Kind of like a father figure when you think about it. Shit did I say that out loud sorry I have a thing for that sometimes. Great I'm rambling ain't I." He said slapping his forehead.

I chuckled out loud. Now i get why everyone adores him.

"Just mad is fine you dont need to call me beta. I'm happy damien looks at me like that as I look at him like a son. So how are you" I asked.

He smiled politly.

"I'm okay thanks and you" he asked smiling.

I was about to reply when I could smell my mate walk in. She was busy rubbing her eyes go notice us stood here.

My eyes softened at her making keatin look at me with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.