Chapter 4

[Y/n] hummed staring at the stocked shelves of coffee jelly. She was fighting with herself on which brand to buy. Earlier that day, she found herself craving coffee jelly, remembering how cute and happy Saiki looked while eating it.

[Y/n] didn't know if Saiki had a part to play in her wanting coffee jelly or not. 'Does quality beat quantity or not?' [Y/n] thought to herself, 'I'll buy the single servings then none will go to waste when my weird cravings are over.' [Y/n] smiled and nodded to herself at her plan.

She reached for the single serving of coffee jelly only to brush hands with a certain pink-haired psychic. [Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit, seeing him. "Oh, hi, Saiki." She said with a smile, "I didn't see you there."

'I've actually been standing here for the past ten minutes.' Saiki thought. He picked up the single serving coffee jelly and gave it to [Y/n]. "This one's the better choice." Saiki said, in an attempt to seem less awkward around her.

"Oh, really?" [Y/n] questioned, "I'll get two then." She grabbed another one, "Thanks, Saiki. I'll see you at school."

With that, [Y/n] went to checkout. She couldn't explain why simply seeing Saiki gave her a warm feeling. [Y/n] continued her journey home with a cute smile on her face.

"Hey, it's my girl-buddy!" [Y/n] heard, making her stop. She turned to see Nendo playing catch with a kid at the park.

'Seems like I'm running into a lot of friends today.' [Y/n] thought and waved at Nendo. "Hi, Nendo, and you have a little friend." [Y/n] walked closer to him.

"Yeah, I come play catch with him every now and then." Nendo said, rubbing the back of his head.

"How sweet of you." [Y/n] complimented.

"Hey, Nendo!" The kid threw the baseball. Somehow, it missed Nendo and hit someone who was walking buy the park. The little boy went running to apologize and get his ball back.

"I'm so sorry, sir. Are you okay?"

Nendo went to apologize as well. "Sorry, the kid doesn't know his own strength." Nendo recognized that it was Saiki, "Oh, hey, it's you, buddy."

"Oh, Saiki? It's funny running into you again." [Y/n] said with a smile.

'More like the author's running out of ideas for us to interact in this episode...' Saiki thought to himself, 'Yet Nendo's still here, thanks...'

The boy looked around, "Hey, did you see where my ball went?"

Nendo and [Y/n] decided to help the boy find while Saiki pretended to help. "Hmmm? No luck here." [Y/n] muttered, looking behind a few bushes.

"It couldn't have gotten too far, right?" Nendo questioned.

'Actually, it did. Which is why I'm looking for it using clairvoyance.' Saiki thought, 'I can't locate it. Sorry, kid, I give up. True I'm the one who sent it flying, but you're the one who threw it at me in the first place.' Saiki stood up.

"I can buy you a new one." Nendo suggested.

"No, it has to be that ball." The boy began to tear up, "My grandpa gave it to me right before he died, so it's really special to me."

"I see. Well, in that case, we're sure as heck gonna find it. I promise you we'll all keep looking until we do." Nendo said, and [Y/n] smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Oh, but it looks like one of your friends already left."

They noticed that Saiki was gone. "He probably went to look for it somewhere else." [Y/n] said and began looking around again.