129 : Yello Keith Coloflare Part 9 - The Greatest Desire of the Witch's Descenda

The palace was all talks about the new saintess candidate from the rural region, but because I already knew about her beforehand, I could only hear their bickering as noises. Instead, I used the national treasure, Elf’s Jewel that allows me to talk to all living things to gather all rumors circulating about House Moonlight instead. I’m also curious about the matter regarding the saintess, but I cannot really just live without short notice, and I hardly have any person I can trust too.

From what Canaria said in her letters, there was huge progress regarding the Corrundum Kingdom’s circumstances. They’ve put import controls to Coloflare Kingdom’s Himemomobana plant, and after investigating the magic drug, ‘princess’, they found out that the drug was being distributed of the aforementioned religion in the empire to their adherents. Thus, they were able to catch them all in one swoop. Just the thought that the new religion formed by the empire is spreading such illegal drugs is terrifying, but that makes one for ruin’s preventions.

By the way, the only thing forbidden from being used is the magic drugs made from the unripe fruit of the plant. The flowers are harmless when used, particularly the ones pickled in alcohol makes a pretty useful use for married couples… or so it said. House Glinda also purchased the herbal wine from the Coloflare Kingdom saying that if it still doesn’t bless them with a child, they’ll give up and adopt one instead.

I wonder if it’s alright for me to know these private matters of our neighbor? But then again, with the countess losing her son and the house not having any successors, the one they’ll adopt would most likely be Count Glinda from the game. Canaria didn’t know his identity in the game and I could tell how excited she was writing about him from the letter which made me a little upset.

◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆

Several months later, as I bring the jeweler that Count Walter introduced to me a while ago, into the castle, I lead him towards one of the castle’s receptions room. On the way, we stumbled upon Lady Chloe, and Shin who was accompanying her on the side.

‘It’s been a while, Sister Chloe.’

‘Goodness, Prince Yello. Good day to you.’

Lady Chloe looked pleased with being called sister. Even I thought that it might a little early to call her that, and if brother was with her, he’d likely be terribly sullen.

‘What about that gentleman next to you, highness? Is he alone? That doesn’t look like a large business transaction. What kind of commodities does he handle?’

‘He is running a jewelry business in the capital, sis. I was looking to shop for Canaria’s birthday present, he brought this year’s trendy jewels with him.’

‘Oh my, a jeweler!? How wonderful! I would very much like to join you in this endeavor!’

Lady Chloe’s eyes glimmered and selfishly tagged along without even hearing my reply first. This impudence on her part is one of the things that displeases my brother… but apparently, he’s attracted by the heroine’s daringness and lack of sense of distance so maybe it’s a case-by-case basis.

‘Prince Keith also used this shop’s service last year, didn’t he? What did you send to Lady Canaria at that time, sir?’

‘Last year it was an amethyst hairpin. This time I was thinking of sending Citrine earrings.’

The lady asked while I was looking at the samples and catalogs so I picked a sample up and answered her back. Although yellow-colored hair accessories will fade out from her blonde hair, a piercing would make her features shine.

Lady Chloe raised her face from the catalog and had a look of disbelief on her face.

‘Goodness, sir. An earing? Canaria is just thirteen, sir. In our kingdom, a lady not of age having a piercing in her body is not very well looked upon, are they?’