Chapter 4: Milk

Nicole's POV

*Next Morning*

I wake up in bed, not in the arms of my husband. I'm somewhat glad I didn't. I can't stop thinking about last night. Her voice keeps replaying in my head.

Babe? Babe? Babe?

It's a continuous cycle. It won't stop. It is stressing me out too and I don't think this is good for the child.

I get up out of the lonely bed and walk downstairs. The quietness in the house is making me feel awfully uncomfortable. I try and ignore the awkward silence. Then, I hear a loud creak from the other side of the house. I jump from being so suddenly startled. I bite my lip and go for the bat that I keep behind the couch.

I grip the heavy piece of metal tightly as I tip toe to where I heard the sound. I hear it again, but this time it is even closer. All thoughts of that random skype girl leave as I begin to fear for my life.

I want to ask who it is, but then I would seem like the dumb girl in horror movies who is always the first killed.

I chew on the inside of my cheek, nervously. I hear the creaking again except this time it is even louder. My heart picks up it's pace and I believe I am sweating. The tear start to form in the corners of my eyes. I take a deep breath in through my nose to try and calm down. Then, I hear it again. This time it comes from right behind me.

I squeeze my eyes shut before turning around to meet the eyes of the intruder.

"You know, you should consider getting more milk." Louise smirks as she drinks straight from the milk jug.

I drop the bat and sigh, "Dammit, Louise! You scared me to death!" I yell at her as my heart starts to slow down.

"Maybe you shouldn't have gave me your house key then." She smirks and drinks more milk.

As she brings the jug up to her lips, I hit the bottom of it. The sticky, white liquid spills all over her - into her hair, clothes, and her eyes. I burst into laughter and she begins to curse me out. Louise flips me off before dumping the rest of the milk on me.

"You're mean!" I yell at her as I uncontrollably laugh.

"You're more mean!" She retorts back to me, also laughing.

"You're meaner!" I shout and she groans.

"Meaner isn't a word!" She begins to lecture me. "It is more mean!"

"Sorry, I didn't have honors English!" I sarcastically apologizes.

"Yeah you did!" She shakes her head and her laughing turns into heavy breathing. "And meaner is a word, it just is very improper."

"Oh yeah huh" I snort and then Louise begins to chuckle from my sudden piggishness.

Louise flings the milk off of her, now, see-through clothing. She shakes her head and the white liquid flies across the room. I do the same, knowing it won't be too hard to clean it later.

"I just showered last night, just so you know!" I say harshly, but she knows I am only kidding.

"And I showered this morning, get over it." She sticks her tongue out at me and wrings out her hair.

"I'll shower in my room, you take the guest bathroom." I begin to run upstairs, trying not to slip from my feet being wet.

I walk into my room and the milk begins to smell terrible. I scrunch my nose up and start to undress. My bra is difficult to get off since it is soaked. I eventually remove it though. I strip off the rest of my clothing and start the water. We have a big water heater so two people showering at once won't make one of us freeze to death.