Break Wallkin- Number 0: The Fool

Let's take a dive into an alternate future...

It was an almost perfect timeline. A kind of world that was the usual staple ending to nearly all epic adventures. There, Lily Moonshade survived without injuries. She truly was an individual with great luck.

Even if she was turned into the bad guy, her survival was almost guaranteed. Granted, she had to stay away when her luck was telling her to run. It's not like people can't ruin their chances to survive.

Lucky, huh?

No, was that really the case?

'The Fool' wasn't a numbered Major Arcana. It was a card that served a special purpose by itself. You could even say it was similar to 'The Joker'... but while the latter flipped the outcome and relied on gambling, the former represented belief itself.

A wild card that 'foolishly' believed in the universe.

To believe they were important in some way.

Not a simple spec.

A 'main character' in life.

So... how did Lily fall into this equation? Could it be that she became a boring girl who went with the flow? That would be an accurate assumption to make. Leading me to take us to a certain place.

In an alternate future on Gaia; one that was discarded by an author like yourself. Either that, or this work really was written by you, and I'm still in the palm of your hands. Well.... That was fine too. I was more concerned with the execution of narration.

It's why my attention was turned to this timeline.

It was a forsaken 'time'.

One where Lily had never met Arthur Rainglow.

...And that meant she never met Alex too.

Fortunately for the lucky girl, she became a mere side character in the story despite her incredible background. Being an extra on the side meant she wouldn't go subjected to endless cruel trials.

Or was she walking a separate Fool's Journey?

Anyway, Lily lived for nearly 2000 years after transcending to become the new 'Sun Goddess' for Gaia Humans. She became a unique 'Sun Wolf' and watched over humanity. Becoming a user of light.

Even holding power over space as well...

Rather than the beginning of her tale, this chapter was the end of it all. An epilogue that was unnamed and inconsequential. Despite that, Lily, the great goddess she was, sat in front of an unnamed grave.

"I'm sorry for not visiting you often." The luckiest girl in the world found herself feeling a bit drunk at that moment. She staggered. Lily found herself unable to bear the pain of losing someone like 'her'.

There was a line alcohol dripping down near the cheek of her beautifully symmetrical face, but Lily left it alone. Instead... she took a big gulp of alcohol while messing up her long, natural golden hair.

Of course, the grave didn't answer to her.

Rather, the speaker to reply was an old man. He looked no different from when he did 2000 years ago. Where he sat was near this specific cemetery, so he came over after having heard a familiar voice.

"You came...?" The wizened old scholar asked the deity. There were a few creases on his handsome face. His moonlight hair and brown eyes seemed easier on the eyes. Features having became mature.

Of course, Lily nodded her head to respond:

"Don't I come every year?"

"..." Alex Stuman stayed silent. Indeed, she HAD visited this cemetery the same day every year. The girl never missed this day. The anniversary of someone neither of them knew the birthday of.