51. Shattered

Assalamualikum.

I was going to update a couple of days back but couldn't get the time to do that. So sorry for the wait🙉

This was the most awaited chapter as I got the highest votes and comments on the previous chapter so here is the long -might be longest- chapter for your love and wait🤗

Enjoy💞

___________

Author's POV.

She walks slowly toward her bed before carefully sitting there. It was almost midnight but Arshad didn't come back yet. She was now used to it. She caressed her seven months baby bump. A small smile graces her face as she felt a kick on her stomach.

"Daddy will come soon baby," she said caressing her baby bump with a small smile. Many think we're running in her head but she refused to think about it as it made her depressed which was not good for the baby.

"Daddy is already here, my baby!" Arshad announced making her smile widely. She turn to him with a bright smile but her smile decreased seeing the tired and pale face of Arshad. He has dark circles, lost his weight and had grown his beard, not for style but because of a lack of interest, he gives to himself.

He walks toward her and sat in front of her on the bed before bending a little to place a kiss on her baby bump.

"Daddy loves you, mera baccha," he said caressing her baby bump with a smile on his face.. She stares at him with love filled in her eyes. He looks up at her and returns her smile with his soft but small smile. He places his hand on her cheeks before placing a peck on her forehead.

"It's quite late. You should sleep." Saying this he went out of the room. Making her sigh in distress.

Tonight is her turn. She thought to herself. A lone tear escapes her eyes. Even after getting everything she lost him.

"I will never be yours alone" she remembered his words and determination behind them. He was true to his words.

___________

Arshad entered the room and sighed before going to the bathroom and taking his clothes from the cupboard.

When he come out of the washroom he went to the bed and sat there staring at her face.

"I will never forgive you." he muttered the one sentence he was saying past months.

Taking her photo frame he held it close to his heart.

"But I will never stop loving you too" he kissed her photo and stared at her face which was showing her happiness. This photo was taken on their wedding anniversary.

He remembered every moment he spend with her to find some sleep but got nothing. Her smile, her laughter, her pouting, her sleeping face. Her blushing. Her embarrassed red face, whenever he used to, caught her staring at him at the beginning of their relationship. Even her teary face always disturbs him.

He stares at the ceiling with void eyes while clutching her frame to his heart as if trying to feel her.

*******"""

Early in the morning Arshad woke up and got ready for the office. After getting ready he walks to her room. He found her frowning while tossing on the bed discomfortably with closed eyes. Going nearing her to the bed he sat beside her.

"What happens? Are you feeling okay? Should I call the doctor?" He asked in a worried tone caressing her head. She open her eyes looking at him. Shaking her head she sat up with his help.