𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑘

Exiting the bus, I feel Autumn's breath caress my face, and hold my shivering hands

Exiting the bus, I feel Autumn's breath caress my face, and hold my shivering hands. I blow on my hands, attempting to warm them up.

Abiding to the weather, I decided to wear a long, pink satin dress with an ivory cardigan that manages to dress down the look. I also put on my white air forces, but still kept on some tiny, gold hoops and a simple necklace.

And I'm wearing a new shoulder bag, and it's safe to say this tiny bag is my new obsession.

Checking my GPS, I realise that I've basically arrived to his office, and when I look up, my point is proven.

The building in front of me, looms over, tall and so fucking proud. It's exterior is beautifully designed, with large windows and lamps that could go on for days. It's so sophisticated, with the prominent shade of grey and white.

There's neat, stone paving leading straight to the entrance and all of a sudden I don't seem so happy to be here.

Everything is so prim and proper, and there's people walking out in suits, skin-tight dresses and there not in pink, purple or blue, just the cold, boring tones

I'll stick out like a sore thumb.

I shift in my space, but fuck it and walk straight in there, my head held sort of high.

The double doors greet me, and I head straight through them, and almost fall onto the floor as I look at the view of the ground floor.

Marble decorates the ground, and different levelled light bulbs hang from the ceiling, giving the office a warm feel to it. A seating area remains on the right side, whilst the elevator and staircases stay on the left.

One large desk is placed at the furthest end of the room, a few people sitting behind it. A few take calls and the others are talking to people from behind the counter.

Heading forward, I go to speak to the receptionist people, and I  make it there without anyone paying any attention to me.

Hey, they don't give a shit either.

I smile at the internal thought, and begin speaking to the lady.

'Hello, how may I help you?' She says, flashing her pearly-white smile. 'I'm here to see Mr Rossi.'

'Well, I'll have you know, he is a very busy man.' She states, speaking to me like I'm some sort of child. 'Of course he is. But, just say that Aurelia is here to speak to him, please.'

The lady gives me a judgemental look, and I try my best not to roll my eyes at her.

'Yes, you can go up. Floor thirty-two.' She ends, boredly.