Chapter 14: back

I woke up to my alarm the next morning, we had to be back on the plane in 2 hours

I groaned, opening my eyes blinking as they adjusted to the light.

I attempt get out of bed to get ready only when I try I get pulled back down.

I look down to my waist to see a strong arm and that's when it all comes back. I could feel the soft fanning of his warm breath on the back of my neck, making my hairs stand on end.

We kissed again, after he told me our first kiss meant something to him.

He told me I mean something to him.

My stomach fluttered and I want to lean back into his hold but we needed to get ready. I shuffled around so that I can see his face, and for the first time it looked calm.

He doesn't look as stressed as usual, he looks content.

I can't help but smile at the sight of him like this.

I pull myself out from under his arms and regret it almost instantly, as his warm touch leaves my body and instead I am met with the chilly air against my bare legs.

I grab a change if clothes from my case and when I slip into the bathroom I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding in.

As I stepped in the shower my thoughts wandered back to the man, who was sleeping right in the other room.

I knew who he was, he was a killer, he was a dangerous person, no better then I.

But he was different to me, it's the world he's known all his life, he doesn't know any different, not how to be gentle and not how to show care. It was all screaming run, but last night I felt something that simply wouldn't let me.

I didn't feel that loneliness that usually creeps up on me when I get into bed.

He admitted that it meant something to him, only what does that mean for us now?

I knew this was a conversation we needed to have, but it can wait until we get back, I want to enjoy what's happening with us right now.

We don't need a label, and we don't need to dive into what it really means. Not just yet.

After getting changed and tying my hair up I walked back into the bedroom only to find Valentino awake.

He looked up from his phone "morning" his voice was deeper then usual, and I assume it's because he has just woken up.

I could get used to this.

"Hey" I nodded "bathrooms all yours".

While Valentino got ready I applied a coat of mascara and some lipgloss.

We both left to and headed to the plane, getting breakfast on the way.

———————————————————————

After arriving back in Milan, Valentino took me back to the base before leaving to go back to his house.

We didn't talk about what had happened, but it wasn't awkward, we got along just fine.

We talked about nothing in particular, we talked about the things we would have if we didn't live this life. The same conversation that two people meeting in a bar would have. It was nice, but I'm glad that we live this life. I couldn't be one of those women who live to please their men. I l enjoy the chase, and I fucking love the kill.

Am I crazy?

Probably.

I can accept that.

When the plane landed we grabbed some food, and I bumped up the music in the car.

I sang my heart out as the music played and it was safe to say that was not Valentino's vibe. Theo is definitely a much better road trip buddy.

He drove me back to the base, it was late by the time I arrived.

"Are you heading home?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have a little paperwork to sort out at my home office"

I nodded before opening the car door.

I was about to step out when his hand wrapped around my wrist.

I turned to look at him and he had a mischievous grin covering his face "what? No goodbye kiss?" He raised an eyebrow.

I chuckled before leaning  into him, "how rude of me" I whispered before kissing him.

Valentino's  lips moved agains mine, in a slow get rough kiss.

He nipped at my bottom lip before his tongue slipped into my mouth and his fingers wrapped around my throat pulling my froward, my head tilted back allowing him to deepen the kiss as my tongue found a soft rhythm agains his.

His mossy scent had me feeling dazed and his calloused hands around my neck had my clenching my legs together to control the head that was now building in between my legs.

Fuck I'm so attracted to this man.

He is criminally gorgeous.

I felt like a dog with a bone at the way i was craving him.

We stayed like that for a moment "I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked.

"Tomorrow" he nodded and I got out of the car.

I walked into the kitchen from the base, I snacked on some strawberries before drinking a glass of water and heading upstairs.

My phone pinged as I walked into my bedroom.

Valentino: Goodnight princess

I smiled at the message. Last night changed so much.

I don't like nice boys.

I like boys who are 'from the wrong side of the tracks'. I like boys who are only nice to me. Obviously that doesn't include their family and friends.

Chiara: Goodnight Diavolo

I plugged my phone on charge before taking a quick shower.

I applied some lotion before changing into some pyjama shorts and a vest top.

I climbed into my fresh bedsheets, pulling the covers over me and letting the warmth of them hug me.

My eyes fluttered shut and as I fell asleep  I felt that same feeling as I did the first night we kissed.