Two

Omniscient
18 January 2014
Monday
10:00

"Make it fast,my boyfriend finna die if ion hurry."Chicago said shutting the door behind her as she entered her office,seeing Jayda sitting down.

"Okay,um when do we get out paychecks?"Jayda asked as Chicago sat on the edge of the desk,looking down at her.

"Every Friday."Chi answered crossing her arms,wondering where the conversation was leading to.

"I was wondering if I could take 600 out of it now."Jayda said playing with her fingers.

"Reason?"Chi questioned raising her right eyebrow.

"I'm a bit behind on rent and if I don't pay by tomorrow I'll get kicked out." She answered softly,feeling embarrassed.

Chicago looked at the female with a hint of sympathy in her eyes before changing back to serious.

"I'll pay for it,is it just 600?"She said making Jayda look up at her surprised.

"Um yeah,thank you,but-"

"Is that how much you pay per month?"Chicago asked cutting her off.

"No,it's 350,I could only afford to pay the 50."she answered.

"Come here before you leave."Chicago said dismissing her.

"Yes miss Gem,thank you so much." Jayda said gratefully,standing up.

"I couldn't."she heard making her look up to see Lucas.

"You can go,I'll check the footage and tell you."she said waving him off, sitting back down in her chair.

"You have a camera in his room?"he questioned.

"I don't have a choice,he has a history." She said shrugging,taking the papers back out of her file.

"Oh okay,bye then,I'll see you later."he said walking out and closing the door behind him.

"Move!"Chicago heard a voice shout.

"Kentrell come back here right now!" She heard a female voice shout making her frown.

She's never heard that voice before.

"Can't get a fucking break."she mumbled to herself standing up.

"What's going on here?"She asked angrily as she swung the door open.

"She hurt me."Kentrell said pointing at the older woman who stood raging in anger as he walked over to Chicago.

"She hurt me mami."he said wrapping his arms around her waist,laying his head on her chest.

Hearing those words made Chicago feel like her heart shattered.

She's heard those words before.

Didn't bring good memories.

"Who are you?"Chicago asked the woman.

"His mother."she spat mugging her.

Chicago felt her heart race remembering what Kentrell's file said about his mother.

"Leave."Chi demanded trying to calm herself down.

"N-"

"Leave now!"Chicago said in a loud, angry,dark tone quieting the whole building.

No one has seen her this angry since that day.

Kentrell's mother felt fear fill her body as she looked up into Chicago's eyes.

Turning around,she made her way back in the direction she came from in slight embarrassment.

"Come let me take you back to your room,you don't have to tell me anything,you know I'll take care of you."she said to Kentrell grabbing a hold of his hand.

"Okay."Kentrell mumbled walking side by side with her as everyone stared.

"Get back to work."she demanded causing everyone to continue what they were supposed to be doing as the two made their way down the stairs to the fourt floor.

"Someone bothers you,you come to my office and tell me."she said as they made it to his room.

"Yes mami,I can sleep?"he questioned looking down at her.

"You can sleep,as long as you won't be fussy when you have to wake up." She said pointing at him.

"I'll try."he said smiling.

"Mhm,I don't want to hear any trouble from you,now go get rest."she said tapping his nose as she typed in the passcode.

Yes all the doors had keypads,but only one required key cards as well.

"I should probly admit myself her with the way these people drive me crazy." She whispered to herself shaking her head as she made her way back upstairs.

She knew sooner or later a problem would start.

And it always started with him.