Chapter 8

This was bad. Really really bad. Papa thinks I'm bad.

The dinner is not going well. We both are quiet and I am having hard time to eat my food. Today is weekend which means that maids leave after dinner, earlier than usual. Which also means that I won't be playing with them after to avoid meeting papa.

I pushed around steak's sliced pieces. Somehow I lost my appetite. My heart almost jumped out of my throat when I heard dad's chair move back. He stood up revealing his perfect 6'3 height.

"Come to my office after you finish" He said and threw the napkin on the plate.

As he was leaving I thought to myself that I am going to take as long as I can.

He is probably going to yell at me...

I was taking my time. Maids did not dare to touch the table, but they checked on me every 10 minutes to see if I was done. They kept frowning when they saw my untouched food.

I was acting selfish. They had their own families to attend. And I was making them late. So I decided to eat at least half of the food and when another maid opened the door I just smiled at him and nodded.

"I am full "I said and walked out of the dinner room. I froze. I had to go to dad's office.

Oh no.

***

*Knock Knock*

I knocked on his office door softly, hoping that he wasn't there and already asleep.

It was 9pm. And I have no luck.

"Come in." I heard and slowly opened the door and closed it behind me after walking in. I stood there awkwardly waiting for him to tell me something. Not daring to look at him, I peeked to my right to see the plant still standing where he moved it last time. I felt my cheeks get warm as I remembered how I stood there last time.

"Matthias come here." He said and took his glasses off putting them on top of some documents. As I walked towards him, he rolled his chair back so there was room for me to stand between him and his desk.

Only when I stood in front of him, then I saw his face. Firm and cold. I swallowed the lump in my throat and clenched my shorts on the sides.

"Papa I-"

"What did I tell you about the third drawer" It's not like he interrupted, I didn't know what to say anyways.

"Not to touch it" I mumbled.

"So you heard..." He continued rubbing his chin slowly.

"And yet still disobeyed me."

Holy Christ. Please let me get away with this once. And I swear I'm not going to stop reading bible ever again.

"P-papa I didn't mean to brake it" I said my eyes starting to sting.

"Fuck the vase Matthias. I'm talking about you" This is the first time papa swore in front of me. He must be really mad.

"I do not like being disobeyed, especially if it's my son." I tried to get out of this. So I remember what Ms. Dona said to me.

"E-everybody makes mistakes and they pay for it in the future." I said but I was not meant to say the last part. This will make things only worse. I stared up at him to see his reaction.

"Good thing that we both agree on that" he stated coldly and I gulped which came out too loud.

"Everybody makes mistakes Matthias and they receive punishment. And so will you" papa said and suddenly picked me up and in few seconds I found myself laying on his lap.