Chapter 57

The day that the Cullens were planning their attack, Nichole had gone out on a day trip with Aro. He had bought her all sorts of dresses and jewelry, and Nichole was starting to think that maybe Diana was right, maybe being here with Aro wouldn't be so bad after all. She had lost all hope of being rescued anyway, she didn't think that any of them seemed to care that much about her, anymore.

Which, of course, was exactly what Aro wanted. He had her right where he wanted her, and he didn't need to worry about her trying to run away.

It was a subject that Jane liked to taunt her on. Since she couldn't torment Nichole physically, emotionally was the next best thing for her. Nichole never said anything about the things that Jane said to her, trying to make it seem like it didn't bother her, but it was very hard to do.

Nichole was also getting closer and closer to her due date. That was one of the things that scared her, what would happen when the baby was born? Would Aro take it from her because it wasn't his? She didn't know, and that would be the only reason that she would leave, would be to keep her baby safe.

But the question was, how would she be able to leave undetected? It would be hard enough if she wasn't pregnant.

Nichole laid on her bed, rubbing her stomach. Something about this felt different. Not that Nichole was an expert on pregnancies by any means, but she could just tell something was different. Was it because the baby was part wolf?

Alarm bells interrupted Nichole's train of thought, and she quickly sat up. What was going on?

Diana rushed into the room. "We need to move you-"

But that was all that Diana was able to get out, because the next second, Rosalie was in the room, and she grabbed Diana, throwing her out of an open window. "Nichole! Come on, we're getting you out of here."

"You finally came for me. What, Carlisle decide that he couldn't live without my power?"

"Nichole, what are you talking about? Come on, we need to get out while we still can."

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"I suppose that you didn't get the memo." Aro walked into the room, and Rosalie snarled at him as he went to Nichole's side. "I helped Nichole to see the light."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh come now Rosalie, don't play stupid. We all know that Carlisle only took Nichole in because he wanted to find a way to harness her power."

"That's a lie!"

"Why else would he take in a human that had no ties to any of you?"

"Nichole, listen to me!" Rosalie pleaded. "Carlisle loves you, this bastard here had gotten into your head, filling it with lies. Carlisle loves you like a daughter, he's always loved you like a daughter."

"Then why haven't you looked for me?!" Nichole shouted at her. "Why have none of you tried looking for me?!"

"Nichole, we have tried, we've been trying every since Aro took you, but every time that we got close to finding you, Aro would get wind of it, and he would whisk you away to somewhere new. Why else would he be moving you all of the time?"

Nichole's eyes widened. How stupid was she, to have believed Aro so easily?

"Oh my god..." She stepped away from Aro, towards Rosalie, who quickly took her arm and pushed her behind her. Tears pricked at Nichole's eyes, how could she have been so stupid?

"Nichole, come back over here to me." Aro ordered her, but Nichole shook her head adamantly. "No, I'm done falling for you and your tricks, I'm going home."

"Oh Nichole..." Aro sighed. "You just never seem to learn your lesson, do you?" He ran towards them and grabbed Rosalie, throwing her against a wall. He then took out a knife, the sharp blade glinting in the sunlight. Nichole didn't even have any time to react before the knife pierced her stomach.

Nichole gasped, her hands clutching at her stomach as she fell to her knees, her ears vaguely registering Rosalie screaming. She watched with blurry vision as the blonde ran over to her, scooping her into her arms.

"Nichole, it's gonna be okay." But Rosalie's voice sounded distorted, like it was coming from far away. "I'm going to get you help..."

That was the last thing that Nichole heard. "Rosalie..." She whispered before she closed her eyes and slipped into a dark oblivion as Rosalie shouted her name, begging for her to keep her eyes open.