20~ So Long, Farewell

"What are you doing up?" I asked Ash once I came from the bathroom before I went on my morning run.

"I thought I'd watch the sunrise, since it's our last day in Hawaii," she said and tied up her tennis shoes. "Mind if I join?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I looked at her in shock. I'm pretty sure my eyes quite literally popped out of their sockets. "You want to run with me?" I asked her just to make sure I heard her correctly.

She nodded. She must've seen the look of disbelief on my face because she rolled her eyes. "What? Are you worried I might beat you?" She put a teasing smile on her face.

A smirk fell perfectly on my lips. "Oh you're on, Ash. Hurry up, let's go." I said and we got out of the hotel room. We reached the lobby and to the doors.

"Beat you to the dock," She said quickly and started running.

I laughed and shook my head at her determination. "That's like two and a half miles away." I caught up with her pretty easily. I kept her pace to stay with her. "You doing good, over there?" I asked with a teasing smirk.

"Yeah. I used to be a cross country runner. I'm good," she said but she sounded a little winded.

"Oh yeah?" I asked as we made it in eyeshot of the dock. "Have fun," I said before picking up my pace and almost full sprinting to the end of the dock. I heard Ash calling my name from behind me.

She finally met me at the end of the dock, winded and out of breath.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her a little bit. "I thought you said you were a cross country runner," I teased.

She immediately shot me a glare. "I said cross country. I don't sprint like that. God, I hate you," she took a deep breath.

"Ash," I said.

"Don't even start with me, Easton Hunter Quincy," she glared at me. Her breathing was ragged and short. She tried slowing it down. Her hands were in her head and eyes looking at the ground.

"All I was gonna say was look," I said softly with a chuckle. She looked out past the dock and into the sunrise.

Everything immediately slowed with her. She walked slowly to the edge and leaned on the wooden railing. She almost gasped when she saw it.

"It's beautiful," she said and leaned against her hand. "I see why you run out here every morning."

I leaned next to her and it took me back to the first night we met looking at my backyard from the porch and talking about family and tattoos.

"Yeah, it's a great view," I looked at her and she was awestruck over the sunrise on the horizon. I was too.

"Easton," a female voice called from behind me. I turned to see the Ava girl again. She was on a bike surrounded by a few of her friends.

Ash looked at me in confusion.

"Hi Anna, right?" I asked to give her the hint that I don't want to remember her.

"Ava, actually. Who's this?" She asked about Ash. "Girlfriend?" She gave Ashtyn a dirty look.

I hoped she'd forgive me for this. "Yes actually. She came with my family." I threw my shoulder around Ash and brought her closer to me.

Ava looked at us in disgust almost. "Hmph, didn't peg you as a one girl guy. See ya," she waved before pedaling off with her friends.

I let go of Ash and turned back to the ocean.

"What was that about?" Ash asked calmly. She didn't seem mad about me calling her my girlfriend.

I shrugged. "Met her here the other day. Didn't like her vibe." I said shortly.