1.2

Me, mum and Jonny sat in the living room whilst dad and Adam went upstairs with Chris Parker to move the sofa bed.  We were just watching TV when we heard our dad start yelling "SHIT ON IT" making mum go upstairs to check on him.

Me and Jonny were just scrolling on facebook laughing at any funny videos we came across. 

"ARE YOU TWO TAPING MASTERCHEF?" Our mum yelled down the stairs making us annoyed as this was probably the 8th time she'd asked in the past 10 minutes.

"YES MUM" I shouted back up to her rolling my eyes.

Jonny and I go over to the stairs to mock Adam because he had to move a sofa bed while we got to sit down on the couch and relax.

We went back into the living room, Dad quickly following behind us.

"Jonny, the boxes, in the car." He said refering to the magasins he was supposed to be binning but decided to keep.

Jonny left the room to go put the boxes in the car, not wanting to be alone I follow my dad and we make our way to the others on the stairs.

"ITS STUCK!" my mum and brother yell talking about the sofa bed which was wedged between the wall and railing.

"Well what are we going to do?" mum questioned.

"Hang ourselves." My dad responded making me let out a quiet laugh at my dads bluntness.

"Is it really stuck?" Adam asked.

"Ofcourse it is you muppet, that's why you can't move it." i say answering my brothers idiotic question.

They try to move it but quickly give up after my mum starts yelling about how its 'ripping the wallpaper'.

We all hear the sounds of a car alarm going off, making me quickly realise it was Jonny's car and that he was trying to put dad's magazine boxes in.

My mum looks out the window and he face drops as she registers what is going on. She turns to my oldest brother and reaches for the piece of paper in his pocket, she opens up the folded paper and looks down towards my dad.

"martin. MARTIN." Dad looks towards her and smiles, "darling?"

I stand there and awkwardly listen to the one sided argument between my mum and dad, but there argument is shortly cut short by the sofa guys phone ringing.

The guy on the phone starts to sound distraught. He ends the phone call and turns back to us.

"My dad- my dads just died." He said making all our faces drop.

Dad not quite hearing what he said places an arm on his shoulder and asks him, "What kind of dog was it?"

Jonny and I sat on one of the couches watching the telly as Chris sat on the other couch on the phone with someone talking about his now dead dad.

Our dad comes in and silently tries to make Jonny talk to the man which Jonny strongly refuses.

"Are you alright?" Dad asked after losing the silent argument with Jonny.

"Yeah, Thanks." The man responds but you could tell he didnt mean it, his dad just died of course he's not going to be alright.

"Well talk to the man." Dad said to us before he left to go make the man a tea.

We sat there awkwardly for a minute before I decided to speak up.

"Erm, i'm sorry that your dad died." I said possibly making this interaction more awkward as the man muttered a quiet thanks before a silence taking over again.

Dad shortly came back in with the man's tea in Jonny's mug making Jonny complain that dad used his mug.

Jonnys phone rang, he answered and i could hear Adams voice through the phone.

He tries to stop the man drinking his tea but is too late.

"I think this has salt in it." the man said sounding confused, making my brother apologise profundusly.

The man goes to drink water that was on the table beside him but quickly finds out that it also had salt in it and spat the water out.

"Why would you do that?"

"My fathers just died and your just putting salt in everything."

"I've got to go." He said whilst putting his water down and rushing to get out of the door, but struggling to actually open the door making him more frustrated.

"CHRIST." He screamed before slamming the front door shut.

We all look around at each other looking very confused.

"I think he liked us." Adam said sarcastically.

Adam and mum managed to get down the stairs by using ladders from the second floor to our front yard. After watching Jim noncely hold onto my mum's bum, we all make our way into the house, Jim needing to use the loo again.

"Right, masterchef." Mum said rubbing her hands together excited to finally watch the show finale.

"Who would have thought that Greek chap would win, What a final." Jim said before closing the bathroom door and peeing particularly loudly.

My looked devastated when she realised the show she had been waiting to watch all day had been spoiled by Jim.

To make it even better the couch fell through the railings, how wonderful.

"shit on it"