17 - Regret

---
In this world, werewolves shift with their clothes on. It doesn't rip when they shift, it just disappears when they shift to wolf and reappears when they change back to human form. No scientific explanation or something, it's just magic. I refuse to let you imagine my characters walking around naked.

---

Remember when I said I hope Ricky doesn't follow me to the forest?

Yep, that.

I regret that.

I need him to follow me ASAP!

"haha" I laughed nervously "Good doggy" I said to the massive rogue growling infront of me, willing it to calm the fuck down but it only growled even more. Holy shit, I'm gonna die.

It was at this moment when all the times I refused my brother's invitations for me to join training flashed in the back of my mind.

I fucking regret that.

I should've just agreed even if it would take 3 hours of my sleep each morning.

I was gonna climb an old tree house in the forest my brother and I used to play in when we were kids so I shifted back to human form. That's when a big ass rogue with bloodshot red eyes showed itself from behind the tree, saliva dripping from his mouth and dried blood matting it's fur.

The rogue suddenly barked before growling again and I whimpered, staying so still so it won't get triggered by sudden movements. Holy shit, its so huge I really have no match.

Goddess, am I gonna die? Are you punishing me for going against your will and keeping myself from my mate? But I know now, I know he cares for me and I do for him. I wanna be with him. I wanna kiss him again. I need to tell him how much he means to me.

I still haven't confessed. I still have to tell Ricky I'm his mate. I still need to remove my bracelet so he can smel--

Wait

I need to remove my bracelet.

I looked down to my wrist and frantically removed my bracelet with a shaking hand, hoping my scent would make Ricky smell me from afar as his mate and track it.

Please, please work. But even if it does, he still needs time to get here, I should try and buy him some time.

I raised my shaking hand and slightly waved my bracelet in the air and I was glad when the rogue's eyes followed the movement of my hand. I then threw the bracelet far away to the side "Catch!"

The rogues eyes followed where it landed but he didn't move, instead his deadly gaze just went right back to me and he growled even more.

"Not so fond with playing catch, got it"

He suddenly crouched his upper body down like he was about to pounce and my heartbeat tripled it's rhythm. "Wh-wh-wh-who's a g-good boy?" I stuttered and that was the last words I remember I spoke before it pounced at me as I shifted into a wolf to try and get smaller so I could somehow try to escape.

But I wasn't able to, and he pinned my body down, stepping on my throat so I couldn't breathe. It hurt so much and I tried so hard to claw his paw off of me but it wasn't working. He's too strong. I was growing weak as I struggled in pushing him off and my eyes were slowly losing it's focus.

I'm gonna die.. and my last words were 'who's a good boy'.

My brother just found his mate and I can't be there for him.

I haven't perfected a single spell.

I won't be able to buy alpha Stephen the meal I promised.

I haven't told my parents I found my mate.

I'm gonna die a virgin..

I won't be able to finish all the books I stored in my reading lists.

I won't be able to become a pack healer which I've always wanted.

I'm gonna die.. and my last memory with Ricky was a quarel and me humiliating myself.

I'm gonna die.. and I wasn't able to tell him how much I love him.

I was gonna die. The rogue opened his jaw, saliva dripping to my face but before he could clamp his teeth on my neck, he was tackled off of me by another large wolf which I thankfully recognized as Ricky by his alluring smell.

Oh thank fuck

I mean, Thank you moon goddess.

I inhaled harshly and deeply, filling my lungs with oxygen I was deprived.

I was getting myself together for I don't know how long, until my vision became clear again and I sat up to check on Ricky but what I saw infront of me shattered my entire world. It felt like the trees suddenly stopped moving and the birds stopped singing. My ears were ringing as I felt my world collapsed.

Ricky was lying unconsciously in his human form, his body covered with blood and the rogue was nowhere to be found.

Did I faint? How long was I out? Why is he like this? Why isn't he moving? Why is he convered with blood? Why is he lying there, staying so still?

I crawled frantically to where he laid. I looked at his body as I forced my brain to function and tell me what to do. With tears continously flowing down my eyes, I checked his pulse with shaking hands.

"No, no, no, no please."
I couldn't feel any pulse, no breathing either.

"No Ricky, please please don't be like this. Wake up please. This isn't funny" I uttered continuously, willing for him to wake up and tell me he's just kidding. But he didn't and I tried so hard to focus and remember how to do CPR.

I placed the heel of my hands between his chest and positioned myself to do chest compressions. I don't know if it will even work, since I didn't know how long he was out but I would do anything at this point.

"Ricky please, come back to me.. I can't, I can't do this without you, I need you please." I uttered while doing my best to exert force to his chest with my weak hands, delivering rescue breaths in between 30 chest compressions.

"I- I still need to tell you things, please. You n-need to know that I'm your mate. I'm your mate, Ricky and you are mine."

My tears wouldn't stop flowing, I was getting tired and Ricky's pulse still isn't back. "Goddammit Ricky, wake up please." I yelled, crying so hard. "I wanna be with you, I wanna hug you and kiss you and be by your side wherever you go. So please come back to me. Please, I...I love you"

Of all the things I regret doing today, making Ricky come here using my scent was the biggest.

At this point, I was sobbing so hard, my forehead on his bloody chest and my fists were gripping his shirt so hard.

.

And then he suddenly inhaled deeply.

"Whoo.. that was the longest I held my breath in, I was thinking I was really gonna die" he suddenly said with a chuckle and I sat up so quick, confused of what's happening. "But it was all worth it" he grinned at me.

I was speechless for a while, staring at him confused with cheeks red and wet from crying.

That's when I remembered, our alphas and warriors were trained to lower their heart rate and weaken their pulses to the point of silence, better for successful stealth missions. I also realized I didn't find any wounds, though I haven't assessed underneath his clothes when I should've before doing anything.

And I once again, for the nth time today, felt stupid.

"you...YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!"

---
Next chapter will be posted next year.
Happy new year everyone!!!
---