II. humor me.

you were, at first, taken back by his sudden interest in your "abilities", or so to speak

you were, at first, taken back by his sudden interest in your "abilities", or so to speak. he was just so rude to you earlier, and now he suddenly wants you to give him a reading? for free? well, you did ... run into him, quite literally. maybe it's only fair.

a shrug fell from your shoulders as you puled out your series of tarot decks as you look deeply into the man before you's eyes, "pick one, sir."

his eyes scanned through the various decks you offered out to him, though, that "sir" didn't go unnoticed by him. a small smirk plastered itself onto his face as let out an amused hum, he moves one of his hands to point at the far right deck - the one you use to predict "futures".

predicting the future isn't easy, nor do you do it often. you're known for turning down such offers, but it seems highly unlikely that the blue haired stranger would allow you to just "turn down" this. you place the remaining decks in your bag as you look between him and akhil, "this deck is used for predicting futures, or futures of certain situations, but it's not ... as reliable as others."

"i'm aware how the future works, witch, carry on," he waves his hand as if to dismiss your words. he doesn't let out anymore information for you to twist, as with future readings you tend to "bend" the truth just a smidge, for a better pay.

people pay better for what they want to hear, not what they need to hear. you're well aware of this and it's most prominent with future readings. people are more willing to accept an undesired outcome for a career, pet, or love situation rather than their own future.

"what future would you like to know about, sir?" you ask him in response to his statement. the sir just came out naturally, though you didn't really see him as a "sir". he looks a little too young to be addressed as such formally.

"hm," he takes a few moments to think about his next choice of words, "about this particular research project of mine, no, you don't get details."

"alright," you sigh as you open up the deck and do your ritualistic cleansing of it, to get rid of the past energies on the deck. you could ask for a spirit's guidance, just to learn more about this little research project of his, but you decided against it.

the cards fly through your hands quickly as the masked man seems to be staring hard at your movements. you couldn't see past his mask, to confirm or deny this fact, but it just felt like he is. similar to those goosebumps one gets when you've stared at for too long by an unknown person.

two cards fall out - the tower, upright, and the five of swords. the tower meaning destruction, sudden upheaval; whereas the five of swords means conflict and betrayal. that research project of his is going to go terribly, according to the cards.

"the tower doesn't look good, doctor," akhil speaks upon seeing the card - which displays people jumping out of a burning and collapsing building.

"i'm sure it isn't, correct, witch?" he asks as he turns his attention towards you, observing you.