The beginning of the end.

It was a warm Wednesday in the middle of spring and usually around this time of the week Mark was gearing up for Friday, but this time he didn't feel like gearing up. This Wednesday in particular Mark was gearing up to tell his girlfriend who he had been with since he was 14 that he had to move practically across the country.

        "Rose, my love.." Mark muttered. "My mother told me that I have to move with her to Minnesota for work."

        Rose was taken aback, almost speechless, but she managed to respond. "Did she just tell you?"

        "No," Mark said with a sigh. "I've known for almost 2 months."

        "Why didn't you tell me before? I would've understood y'know." said Rose fidgeting with her dress.

        "Because, I know I won't be able to handle the long distance. It's 27 hours away, Rose." 

        "When do you leave, Mark?" Rose said with tears in her eyes, sounding almost annoyed.

        "Tomorrow. I know this is short notice but I knew it'd hurt you."

        "I'm sorry, Rose." Mark said, walking away.

        Mark seemed upset to leave Rose, but there was one thing he wasn't telling her. Throughout their whole relationship, Mark and Rose were viewed as the "idol couple". Everyone wanted to be like them, there wasn't a second that they weren't together. What they didn't know is that Mark was only with Rose for the image, she looked pretty in a picture. I mean, Rose was one of the most popular girls in the city known for her kindness and beauty, who wouldn't want to be seen with her?