YOURS TRULY, DANIELLA

Dear stranger,

If only you could hear my diabolical cackling, delighted by the fact I'm a bad influence on you. But I can't be that bad if you're so well-liked, which makes me happy you have good friends, especially if you're out of options for a home support system... I wish people had the chance to like you for you. Not just what you're willing to present. If you gave them a chance, I bet they'd love you even more than they already do. I'll support you, the day you decide to let the ink of these letter spill out into your life.

It's so weird to me to hear that I could be making you happy. Usually, I don't think I'm making anyone happy unless I'm doing something for them, unless I'm providing something. I don't really know what you're getting out of these letters. Other than my ramblings. If you're into that. Great, haha. 

Just for me, the next time someone asks you a question and you'll have to expose a piece of yourself, don't think too hard about it. I dare you to open yourself enough to be a little knowable. If it'll help you, you can pretend you're talking to me. Think about me.

You said I remind you of the sun, which might be the funniest thing in the world because late at night, when the world's asleep and the moon is out, I think about you. I wonder if you were able to fall asleep. If you're dreaming. I think about what your bedroom ceiling might look like if it looks anything like mine. I'll wake up and have the urge to text you and compare numbers, like we're in a competition.

Now that we're done lying and being too honest, get ready for silly little things:

1. I'm so stubborn, I once stopped breathing as a kid because I refused to put socks on before my sneakers.

2. Also... I hate wearing socks. People who walk around their house in socks or sleep in socks make me feel more uncomfy than than accidently touching a sticky surface without knowing it was sticky. Or when you go for Sprite and it turns out to be water. 

3. Weirdly, I'm kind of into smelling things. I don't know how to explain why I do what I do, but if I pick anything up, I have to smell it. Before I eat or drink anything, I need to smell it. If someone tells me something smell bad, I HAVE to smell it too.

4. I still have my baby blanket on my bed. It's super worn out and covered in little cotton balls, but it smells like safety and home. Covered in little pink and blue stars.

Leaking these little secrets about me is a sign of war and I will show you zero mercy no matter how cute your handwriting is on paper. It makes me wonder if the quality of someone's handwriting hints to a person's appearance or personality. Guess I'll never know.

Sincerely, Daniella

P.S. Not replying will make me thing I have caused you to run away because of my weird smelling thing, and I will be embarrassed to death.

P.S.S. So, for my ego, please reply with something equally embarrassing.