Chapter Five

Mrs. Weasley followed us upstairs looking grim.

"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," she said as we reached the first landing. "We've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny's asleep," she added to Hermione, "so try not to wake her up."

We went up to the next floor after saying goodnight to Harry, Ron, and the twins. I slipped into my bedroom, changed into a t-shirt and pajama pants, and lay awake in bed until I heard Mrs. Weasley heading downstairs. I crept to the door, opened it as quietly as I could, and looked around to make sure the coast was clear.

Usually once Mrs. Weasley went downstairs she stayed there for the rest of the night, but now that Harry was here, I couldn't be sure that she wouldn't come back up to make sure we stayed in bed and didn't go down to talk to Harry. I don't think any of us were foolish enough to do that and risk getting caught — except for maybe Fred and George. However, none of us had told her about a different method we used to talk to each other when we weren't supposed to — one that I'd brought to the table.

I slipped out of my bedroom door and padded down the hallway to Ginny and Hermione's room. I doubted that Ginny was actually asleep like Mrs. Weasley had said — she'd probably been lying awake waiting for Hermione to come and bring her up to date with everything we'd discussed without her downstairs. I found that I was right after being let in by Hermione.

"Coast is clear," I told them. "Fred and George have probably already gone to Harry and Ron's room — or they will soon. You've got the... you know, the thing? I think I left it in here somewhere."

"You did," Hermione confirmed, holding up a glass prism. "You have the drachma?"

I showed her the gold coin. "You got it. Let's call the boys." Hermione held out the prism and I whispered the wand-lighting charm. The light shone on the prism, making a rainbow, and I fed it a golden drachma. "O, Iris, goddess of the rainbow, take my offering." The drachma vanished in a flash of light, and I said, "Harry and Ron, downstairs."

Seconds later, Ron's face appeared in another flash of light. It seemed that the he and Harry had been talking without us, conversing in hushed voices.

"— d'you reckon?" Ron was whispering. He looked over and jumped. "Bloody hell! You're as bad as Fred and George!"

"Hang on," Ginny said, trying to get in the frame. "Hermione, turn it to show me. Ron, how are we like Fred and George? We don't make a lot of noise when we show up, like those two idiots."

"You're right. that makes it worse."

Ginny rolled her eyes at scooched back a bit. "If you say so."

"What're we talking about?" I asked, nudging Hermione's hand so the prism was centered and we'd all be in the frame. We really needed to get a bigger prism for a bigger rainbow.

"Earlier," Harry replied appearing next to Ron as he sat down next to him. "The talk about Voldemort. Do you do this a lot? The Iris-Messaging between rooms?"

"No," I replied. "I don't have enough drachmas for it. I've literally only IM-ed Luke once the entire time I've been here. So, the talk about Voldemort, you were saying?"

"Yeah, we — er —" He frowned at Ginny. "Do you know what —"

"Hermione's filled me in," Ginny said. "So what do you think?"

Harry shrugged. "I mean, all they've really said is that the Order's trying to stop people joining Vol —" There was a sharp intake of breath from Ron, Ginny, and Hermione. "— demort," Harry finished firmly. "When are you lot going to start using his name? Sirius and Lupin do."