Starting of a New Journey (part 2)

It was afternoon, The clear blue sky had started to look orange ombre. The flock of birds flying in the ombre sky made it look like a scenary from a life-size portrait. Bondita who never went anywhere except from Devipur and Tulsipur was fascinated by the beauty of nature. As the train slowly went inside the urban area, her fascination grew more and more.

Bondita : Dekhiye na Patibabu! Kitna sundar nazara hain! Patibabu?

Anirudh whom was drowned in his own thoughts didnt heard Bondita's words. Even though he was trying his best to show himself strong for the sake of Bondita. But deep inside, he was pretty tensed and nervous. "How will he take care of Bondita in this large city of Kolkata all by himself? Plus he has decided to take his barristry seriously from now. Will he be able to maintain his career and Bondita's future all by himself? He doesn't know. All he knows that he has to do it. Not for him, but for Bondita.

Bondita : Patibabu!

Bondita shook Anirudh to get him back to his senses. Anirudh got out from his pool of thoughts and stared at Bondita. His eyes were dark red probably due to the sleepless nights he had to take this big decision. His hands were sweating from nervousness. Bondita was feeling bad from seeeing Anirudh like this. Deep down she knew her Patibabu was nervous.

Bondita : Chinta mat kijiye! Dekhiyega sab thik hojayega!

Bondita said with a big smile on her face. Anirudh nodded with smiling back. Even though he was tensed but seeing Bondita's smile made his heart a bit peaceful. Bondita then remembered they havent ate so she takes her bag and gets the food wrapped up by Bihari. She then gives Anirudh to eat. But Anirudh whom was again drowned in his thoughts wasnt eating. He has been acting like this for few days which was making Bondita tensed. She then thought whet to do and then she hit upon a plan.

Bondita : Accha Patibabu?

Anirudh : Haan, Bolo Bondita?

Bondita : Apne toh bola tha apke dost rehte hain waha Calcutta main. Par woh agar Calcutta main rehte hain apdono dost bane kaise? Ap toh Tulsipur main rehte hain phir ap London chale gaye.

Anirudh : Humdono London school main padhte wakt mile the. Woh aur main ekhi class main the aur mera roommate bhi tha hostel main. Phir usne Medical college main admission li aur maine Law college main par ek hi hostel main honeki wajase dosti kabhi tuti nahi.

Bondita : Doctor? Phir toh puradin padhte honge Somnath dada ki tarha!

Bondita said while slowly trying to take the food from Anirudh's hand and handed him a bottle of water. Anirudh whom was engrossed in the talks started drinking from the water bottle and chocked after hearing Bondita's words. Bondita then immediately started patting him. Anirudh started laughing.

Anirudh : Woh! Aur padhaku?

He then started laughing again while thiking their school memoeries.

Anirudh : Ek number ka Saitan tha! Mujhse bhi 2 kadam aage...Pata hain ek bar.....

Anirudh then started saying all the hilarious tantrums caused by him,Selim and his now doctor friend Subhrojit aka
Subhro. Meanwhile Bondita was actually feeding him but Anirudh whom was too engrossed in the conversation didn't realised it. When the food was finished, Bondita handed him the water bottle again. While drinking the water Anirudh finally looked at Bondita's hand to realise he has finished all the food while talking.

Anirudh : Tum.... Mujhe....itni der se....

Bondita : Ji!

Anirudh : Maine toh sab kha liya lagta hain.

He replied while feeling guilty as he thought Bondita got to eat nothing. He decides to get something for her but Bondita stops him and gets more food out of the bag. Bondita sighs in relief.

Bondita : Suna hain train main khane bohut mehenge hote hain issliye maine aur Bihari babu ne milke safar main khane ke liye bohut khane bag main rakhe hain.

Anirudh just laughs after hearing Bondita's word. Kaka's classes on savings are finally coming to help. After chatting for a while, Anirudhs eyes get heavy and he falls asleep before he could realize. Bondita decides not to disturb him furthur but she was getting bored so she looks inside her bag and gets her book out and starts reading. Her admission exam will held in few days. Even though Both Bondita and Anirudh are confident about her admission still she needs to keep herself prepared properly. The train was getting emptier as each station came. Anirudh would wake up automaticly each time a station was announced. Even in his sleep he was pretty cautious. He would ask Bondita everytime if their station came. Bondita couldn't help but laugh even though she was feeling bad for him. After a while Seeldah station came. Their was a man and a group of girls left in the train along with Anirudh and Bondita. As Anirudh got up and started to get their belongings out and Bondita packed her bag and putted the straps on her back when suddenly a Anirudh's bag fell. He was about to pick it up when the man whom was sitting near them came out of his seat and decided to help them. Anirudh thanked him and the man replied with a vauge smile. The man then ordered the girls with him to get out of their seats and prepare for getting out in a rural language which was mostly used on East Bengal. The girls did what they were ordered. Anirudh and Bondita felt a bit suspicious seeing the scenario. There were 5-6 girls. Majority of them were of Bondita's age. They also had a backpack on their back. But what were they all doing with this man? Anirudh was thinking if he should ask or not. The man probably understood what was in Anirudh's heart.

The Man : Chinta maat kijiye. Inka apharan nahi kiya hain maine. Yeh sab mere sisya hain. School le ja raha hun. (Looking at the girls) Cholo! Ekhono kisuta poth baki ase. Sobai sabdhane naimo. Poira jaiyyona abar! (Lets go! We still have to travel a bit more to reach our destination. Everyone come slowly. Dont fall!)

The Girls : Ji mastermosai!!!

He then directed the girls out of the train and the girls followed him. Anirudh and Bondita also got out of the train. As the man left with his group of students, Bondita kept looking at them as they left. Anirudh meanwhile found a coolie to help them carry their belongings. The coolie walked them to the taxi stand and helped them get a taxi. The coolie helped them to get a taxi. Bondita had never saw a taxi before. In Tulsipur, Only the Roy Chowdhury's had motor vehicles so she was quite astonished by seeing the line filled with yellow and black coloured motor vehicles. Bondita excitedly entered the Taxi as Anirudh and the coolie kept the baggages in the taxi's back. Bondita looked at the city by the window and took a deep breath while thinking about her new journey. Will this long journey be successful for her and Anirudh?