𝟭𝟭 ~ 𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

funniest shit happened; i cried at work today 'cause of this ratchet customer

"what is this?" tonowari scowls at his eldest son, deliberating poking the boy's bruises cheek.
"an accident, father."
his head lowers, avoiding any sort of eye contact with the angered chief.

"this is no accident, son. tsireya had explained everything to me. why must you provoke the sully's?" his voice still as stern as ever, puffing out the urging steams through the nose.

ao'nung didn't know what else to say but an accident. if thought hard enough, it really was an accident.. or is it?
he wasn't too sure of anything anymore.

seems like tsireya's word of hatred effected him greatly.

"go make peace. this is unacceptable behaviour of you; the heir of olo'eyktan." tonowari spits, ushering him off with a flick of the wrist in which the boy quickly obeys.

once ao'nung steps outside of his father's proximity, a harsh sigh escapes through frustration.
why does he have to apologise?
shouldn't tonowari worry about the fact that tsireya is being swooned by the skxawng?

those questions stay unanswered.
a sudden groan knocks him back into sense and his eyes widen, leaving his gaze from the floor and now onto another na'vi he had accidentally bumped into.
"sorry-"
he mumbles, turns out it's neteyam standing there.

neteyam softens his gaze once the boy's unusual demeanour catches onto his conscious.
"i assume you got what you deserve?"
ao'nung says not a vowel and nods with his pupils dancing all over the place other than on the boy.

"— and you still haven't patched up?" neteyam groans at the visible injuries caused by his younger brother, seeing another nod from ao'nung once more, this time with his ears folded all the way.

"c'mon. i'll help you at least." the omaticaya boy rolls his eyes, pulling ao'nung by the arm and into the sully's pod.
"why are you helping me?"
neteyam let's go, entering into the marui pod.
"hmm?"
"why? because i'm not a knucklehead like somebody."

ao'nung knew neteyam was talking about him and instantly, a silent breath leaves the nose.
"what're you standing there for? those injuries aren't going to help itself."

the seated neteyam waves him over, grabbing a kit filled with various items that ao'nung had never laid his eyes on prior.
"it's going to sting a bit."
ao'nung takes a seat in front of the boy with his posture completely slumped in regret.

"where's lo'ak?"
"why? so you can beat him again?"
ao'nung winces at the sudden cold contact on his skin, instantly closing his eyes.

"no.. i just — wanted to apologise. i swear on eywa." he quickly stammers, grunting at the stinging sensation spread across his cheek.
"hmm.."

ao'nung's upper and lower eyelids separate themselves with his gaze immediately falling onto neteyam's waist which was coincidentally in his line of focus.

he hadn't noticed it before but the boy really had a slim waist. no such waist he had ever seen before; not even the metkayina girls.
as quickly as his thoughts had come, he shakes off those horrendous thoughts, eyes tracing up to the boy's chest.

the necklace;
he's still wearing it.
guess he hasn't asked reya.

"when you apologise to my brother, i'll be there."
"what why?"
ao'nung winces once again but this time from the sudden pressure placed on the open wound.

"so you don't happen to provoke him. i'll be there for security reasons." neteyam groans at the simpleton, removing his hands off of the boy's cheeks and forehead.
"what? so you're a security guard now?"
ao'nung snickers at his lame joke, receiving a finger flick against his forehead.