Chapter 10

Bee POV:

If the kymari see us as a threat, we are done! A green dragonet named Sarah shouted.

That was the first thing I heard when I got back to the flock from picking up some fruits for us to eat. The dragonets were loudly arguing, and I had a feeling I might know what it was about.

I landed on a branch beside Colonel and Blue who were quietly watching everyone. They were keeping watch while everyone else's guard was down. I offered them both an alien fruit called num'num that I knew they both liked. It was sweet, juicy and a little sour, it also looked like a blue pear.

(Again, made by me in WOMBO Dreame)

They thanked me and while we each ate our own fruit, I asked them what was going on.

The wall is here for a reason! A silver dragonet called Justin shouted. If the kymari needed a wall in order to live peacefully, what do you think would happen to us?!

Some of them think that we should live outside the wall. Blue answered me.

And by some, he means almost half the flock. Colonel added.

Colonel and Blue didn't sound happy about this, and neither was I. Outside we survived on The Ledges for so long only because of its uniqueness, and that place was destroyed when the white aliens tried to fight back against the kymari.

Even there it was difficult, we had animals trying to get to us almost daily. It was pure luck that we found a place that protected us so well. The only creatures that managed to injure some of the dragonets were the tulkay flock and they came way too close to killing a few.

Seemed like all of this had given some false confidence to those that thought that outside would be safer. 'Cause it wasn't.

Why exactly aren't we putting an end to this? I asked the striped boys. It's foolish and would get us killed.

I could almost see the gears in Colonel's head turn as he talked to me.

Because either way, we would have half a flock disagreeing with us and thinking we made a mistake.

Blue supported this. If we just tell them what to do, it's gonna create unnecessary tension. We are so small in numbers as it is, we don't need some kind of civil war.

Do you really think it would go that far? I was shocked. Our flock had always stuck together, we were a family. Would a disagreement really get that bad?