0 2 • W A L L F L O W E R

Play this song to enjoy the weather in the story :D

S i x  M o n t h s  l a t e r . . .

⁕ A r p a n a  P a t h a k 

The morning sun, a soft golden hue, peeked through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. The scent of rain-soaked earth lingered in the air, a reminder of last night's storm. It was a breathtaking sight - the perfect harmony of sky and land as if destiny itself had orchestrated this meeting between heaven and earth. The gentle breeze whispered secrets of their unbreakable bond, a bond forged over millennia.

Delhi's Moonsoon was at its peak. Its rainy season mornings held a unique charm, with streets transforming into glistening canals, and people on the streets hurrying with colourful umbrellas and raincoats.

It was creating a vivid mosaic of humanity against the backdrop of nature's tears. Each raindrop seemed to carry a unique story.

But for me, a lazy morning with the comfort of my bed that was tempting me to stay a little longer. But the pending task of packing weighed on my mind like an unwelcome guest. With a heavy sigh, I surrendered to the day's demands and reluctantly rose from my cocoon of warmth.

I didn't care about what was happening outside. Rain wasn't my cup of tea anyway, so I quickly closed the shutters before I went through my usual morning tasks. I was focused on the practical things I needed to do, like getting ready for the day and packing my stuff, and really not thinking about him was on my top list.

There were clothes and things all over the floor, and I wasn't too concerned about keeping things neat right then. The bed, which I had made nicely before, was messy now. But I took a deep breath and began to sort my things and put them into my suitcase.

My apartment was in the eastern area of Delhi. It was a simple two-room place that felt warm and inviting. The rooms were painted a soothing yellow colour, with minimalistic decor and all the necessary furnishings. I could see the beautiful Yamuna River from my window. Its waters glinted like liquid silver in the morning sun.

Last summer, I graduated with a Business Management Studies degree. I even got a placement from the college at a retail and logistics firm located in Gurugram. I worked there for over three months until my accident forced me to stop.

During my recovery, I started applying for jobs again, mostly overseas. Although Delhi was familiar, this place was beginning to make me feel sick. Fortunately, I received a job offer from The Graves Corporation, a small Investment banking company in the UK. The job provided a change of scenery and offered a chance to save for my future studies, hopefully pursuing an MBA.